|Taylor Momsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1993|
Taylor Momsen is an American singer, songwriter, musician, model, former actor, director, and producer. She has been cast in various films and shows like How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Underdog, Gossip Girl, Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams, Saving Shiloh, We Were Soldiers, and Hansel & Gretel. Taylor has also established herself as a musician and has released albums like Death by Rock and Roll, Light Me Up, Who You Selling For, and Going to Hell. She has been the frontwoman of the American rock band The Pretty Reckless.
Taylor Michel Momsen
Tay-Tay Momsen, TayMom, Tay, Death, Little J
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Momsen attended Our Lady of Lourdes School and Winston Churchill High School, Missouri, United States.
Also, she studied ballet at the Center of Creative Arts in St. Louis.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Model, Director, Producer
- Father – Michael Momsen
- Mother – Collette Momsen
- Siblings – Sloane Momsen (Younger Sister) (Actor)
- Others – Marc Frank Momsen (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Gail Lorenz (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Leiphon (Maternal Grandfather), Donna Senger (Maternal Grandmother)
As a model, Taylor was signed with IMG Models – New York, when she was 14. She was the face of British fashion chain New Look for its spring/summer 2010 collection. She was the model for John Galliano’s new women’s fragrance in autumn 2010.
As a musician, she has been signed with DAS Communications, Ltd., Music Artist Management Company, New York City, New York, United States.
Alternative rock, hard rock, post-grunge
Interscope, Razor & Tie, Cooking Vinyl
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $4 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taylor Momsen has dated –
- Chace Crawford (2008) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with actor Chace Crawford in 2008. Also, the duo has co-starred in Gossip Girl, a teen drama television series based on the novel series of the same name written by Cecily von Ziegesar.
- Skandar Keynes (2008) – In 2008, Taylor was RUMORed to be dating British actor, Skandar Keynes (Best known for starring as Edmund Pevensie in the Chronicles of Narnia film series since 2005). They were photographed together, coming close to each other. But, none of them ever approved about their relationship status.
- Natt Weller (2010) – Again this was a RUMOR that she was dating UK-based DJ and singer, Natt Weller in 2010.
- Jack Osbourne (2010) – RUMOR. She had a fling with Jack Osbourne in October 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
Taylor Momsen is of German descent.
- Beauty mark above the top lip
- Star tattoo on her side
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
New Look (London), Material Girl (2010), Parlez-moi d’Amour Perfume, Samantha Thavasa Bags
Best Known For
Her role as Jenny Humphrey in the American teen drama TV series Gossip Girl. She was a main cast member for Seasons 1 to 4 from 2007 to 2010 and was a guest star in season 6 in 2012. She appeared in a total of 88 episodes.
She is a member of the American alternative rock band The Pretty Reckless, which released its first album in the UK in 2010 titled Light Me Up. It debuted at number 6 in UK and number 18 in Ireland.
1999 film The Prophet’s Game for her role as Honey Bee Swan. Although, her next film How the Grinch Stole Christmas in 2000 was a success and she was nominated for 3 awards.
First TV Show
She acted in the American TV series Early Edition (1996-2000) for her role as Allie. She got a chance to appear in 1998 in just 1 episode titled “A Minor Miracle” in Season 2, Episode 11.
Taylor Momsen says that she workouts in the form of dance. Before moving to New York for a show, she was in a dance company, where she danced all the time. But, now she has become a little bit lazy and prefers to go to the gym. She also tries to walk but she finds it difficult in such a cold. She says that she is motivated to work out more and more if she is looking good. So, she does proper makeup before going to the gym and leaves her bracelets on.
She eats a lot of apples and peanut butter and also some animal crackers dipped in water, which was her comfort food as a kid.
Taylor Momsen Favorite Things
- Snack – Animal Crackers dipped in water
- Idols – Robert Plant, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain
- Bands – Led Zeppelin, Oasis, Joan Jett, The Beatles, John Lennon, Blondie, Garbage, Pink Floyd
- Accessories – Leather Jacket, Platform shoes/boots/heels, Long blonde extensions, Dressy Lingerie
Taylor Momsen Facts
- She started modeling at a very young age and once said, “My parents signed me up with Ford [Modeling] at the age of 2. No 2-year-old wants to be working, but I had no choice. My whole life, I was in and out of school. I didn’t have friends. I was working constantly and I didn’t have a real life.”
- Taylor Momsen began acting professionally at 3 years of age appearing in the Shake N’ Bake commercial.
- Taylor Momsen has stated that “music is where I can be me”.
- She has a dog named Petal.
- Some of her musical influences include Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Marilyn Manson, Oasis, and Shirley Manson of Garbage.
- Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl) and Connor Paolo (Gossip Girl) are her friends.
- She has signed with Interscope records.
- She wants to major in Language Arts, as told by her to Teen Vogue.
- She fronts the rock band “The Pretty Reckless”.
- On August 16, 2011, she told Elle magazine that she quit her acting to focus on her music career.
- She had also auditioned for the title role in Hannah Montana, and she was also in the top three. But, finally, that role was awarded to Miley Cyrus.