|Joel Little Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1983|
Joel Little is a New Zealander record producer, singer, songwriter, and musician who is known for having worked with the likes of some of the popular artists which include Lorde, Taylor Swift, Broods, Sam Smith, Imagine Dragons, Ellie Goulding, Khalid, Elliphant, Daniel Johns, Jarryd James, Shawn Mendes, and Marina and The Diamonds. He has also been a part of the pop-punk band, titled Goodnight Nurse, and has served as its singer and guitarist. The band initially consisted of 3 members including Joel Little, Jaden Parkes, and Paul Taite, who later left the band in 2007, and has released a couple of albums such as Always and Never and Keep Me on Your Side. Joel Little has also accumulated quite a fan base on social media with more than 20k followers on Instagram and more than 30k followers on Twitter.
Auckland, New Zealand
Los Angeles, California, United States
Joel Little went to Western Springs College which is a state co-educational secondary school located in Western Springs, Auckland, New Zealand.
Record Producer, Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Paul Little
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Pearl Little (Younger Sister)
Joel Little is managed by Ashley from Page 1 Management.
Pop, Alternative, Soul, R&B, Pop Punk, Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Melodic Hardcore
Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals
Dryden Street, Festival Records, Warner Music Group Inc. (WMG)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel Little has dated –
- Gemma Robinson – Joel Little is married to Gemma Robinson and the duo has been blessed with two beautiful daughters. Joel is more of a private person and has not revealed many details about his personal life and family members but he often uploads pictures with his family, especially with his daughters, on his Instagram account.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Deep set eyes
- Thin lips
Joel Little has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Having served as the singer and guitarist of the pop-punk band, titled Goodnight Nurse, which has released a couple of albums such as Always and Never (2006) and Keep Me On Your Side (2008). He once described the band as “a pop-rock band that’s been influenced by punk.”
- Winning a Grammy in January 2014 in the “Song of the Year” category, alongside Lorde, for the song Royals. It was Lorde’s debut single and was co-written by her and Joel Little.
- Having worked with some of the well-known artists of the industry such as Lorde, Taylor Swift, Broods, Sam Smith, Imagine Dragons, Ellie Goulding, Khalid, Elliphant, Daniel Johns, Jarryd James, Shawn Mendes, and Marina and The Diamonds
As a member of the band Goodnight Nurse, Joel Little released his debut album, Always and Never, in January 2006 via Festival Records. It consisted of tracks such as My Only, Take My Hand, Death Goes to Disco, Suffer, A Shadow And A Prayer, Our Song, Milkshake, and Massacre Begins Tonight. The album became a certified ‘Gold’ and was also ranked at number #5 in the RIANZ New Zealand Top 40 Albums Chart list.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Himself – Grammy Winner in an episode of the current affairs program named Campbell Live in January 2014.
Joel Little Facts
- He began his musical pursuits as the singer and guitarist of the band Goodnight Nurse in the year 2001 alongside vocalist Jaden Parkes and bass player Paul Taite. On June 25, 2001, they practiced with each other as band members for the very first time in the garage of Jaden Parkes.
- Joel Little and the Goodnight Nurse guitarist, Sam McCarthy, have also worked together outside of the band and Joel has produced as well as co-written the majority of the debut album, titled Sugarpills, by McCarthy’s new group named Kids of 88. The album was released in 2010 and reached number #2 in the New Zealand album chart. It included songs such as Just a Little Bit, Everybody Knows, Ribbons of Light, My House, Apart of You, Downtown, and Feed the Birds. The single Just a Little Bit also became the “Single of the Year” at the 2010 New Zealand Music Awards.
- Joel established his very own production studio named Golden Age in 2011 in Morningside, Auckland, New Zealand.
- In 2012, Joel Little worked along with Lorde on her debut EP, The Love Club, and its single, Royals, was ranked at number #1 in New Zealand in 2013. The EP also went on to receive a ‘gold’ certification in New Zealand as well as a ‘platinum’ certification in Australia.
- He also worked extensively on Lorde’s debut album, titled Pure Heroine, which was released worldwide in September 2013. It consisted of songs such as Tennis Court, Royals, Ribs, Glory and Gore, Still Sane, and White Teeth Teens.
- Joel Little has also served as a producer for a couple of projects by the pop duo, Broods.
- The popular American singer, songwriter, and actress, Taylor Swift, also co-wrote the first single, ME!, from her 7th studio album with Joel Little and Brendon Urie in April 2019.
- In 2014, Joel Little was honored with the “Outstanding International Achievement” award by Australasian Performing Right Association. The association again recognized his talents by honoring him with the “Pop Work of the Year” award in the year 2016.
- He won the New Zealand Music Award in the “Best Engineer” category in 2014 and 2016.
- Follow Joel Little on Instagram, Spotify, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Joel Little / Instagram