|Jofra Archer Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 1, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jofra Archer is a Barbadian cricketer who plays for the England cricket team. However, Jofra is rather known to be one of the most successful players of the Sussex County Cricket Club. On the other hand, he has a huge fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram, more than 700k followers on Twitter, and more than 1.3 million followers on Facebook.
Jofra Chioke Archer
He divides his time between Barbados and Hove, England.
Jofra studied at the Christ Church Foundation in Oistins, Barbados.
- Father – Frank Archer
- Mother – Joelle Waithe
Jofra is represented by Insignia Sports International.
6 ft or 183 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black & White)
Jofra has English ancestry on his father’s side and Bajan ancestry on his mother’s side.
- He has a scar on the right side of the cheek.
- Short braided hair
- Wears a thick gold chain
Through his social media, Jofra has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- Coca Cola
Jofra Archer Facts
- He spent a decade of childhood in Barbados before moving to England in 2015.
- His ability to bowl fast was spotted by his coach and teacher Bruce Cosens when he was only 11 years old.
- In the past, due to serious competition between fast bowlers back in Barbados, Jofra started bowling leg-spins. Later, at the age of 16, Jofra decided to go back to fast bowling.
- Since his father is English, Jofra was granted British citizenship.
- He is very close to his mother.
- Upon his arrival in England in 2015, he was not granted permission to play for the national team as according to the rules of the ECB at the time, he would have had to complete at least 7 years as a resident of England. However, to his luck, Archer earned eligibility in 2018, after the England Cricket Board had reduced the residency period from 7 years to only 3 years.
- On December 25, 2013, Jofra started an eponymous YouTube channel but uploaded his first video to it on August 8, 2019. The video was titled “Jofra Archer’s First Ever Blog (Post World Cup).”
- In his free time, Jofra likes playing on his Xbox, spending quality time with his family, and going go-carting.
- West Indies cricketer Joel Garner attended the same school as Jofra.
- He was named in the Sussex County Cricket Club on the recommendation of bowler Chris Jordan who was very impressed with Jofra’s bowling.
- His fluid, athletic action allows him to bowl a consistent 90 mph (149 km/h). Jordan also stated in an interview that he might have bowled many fast-paced bowls than the whole team put together.
- In 2019, Jofra was given a one-of-a-kind gold chain from Pragnell and was also announced as their brand ambassador.
- He is a big fan of Fortnite. He also appealed for help while at a hotel room as they did not have an HDMI cable connector on their television.
- On January 27, 2023, Jofra registered his highest-ever ODI bowling figures of 10-0-81-1 in the first ODI against South Africa in Bloemfontein. In the 81 runs that he gave in 10 overs, he bowled 2 no-balls and 3 wide balls.
Featured Image By Jofra Archer / Instagram