|John Bolton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¼ in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1948|
|Spouse||Gretchen Smith Bolton|
John Bolton is an American attorney, political commentator, Republican consultant, a former diplomat, national security advisor, author, and TV personality who served as the United States Ambassador to the United Nations from August 2005 to December 2006 as a recess appointee by President George W. Bush as well as for having been elected as the U.S. National Security Advisor under the Trump administration from April 2018 to September 2019.
John Robert Bolton
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
He divides his time between his residences in –
- Washington, D.C., United States
- Bethesda, Montgomery County, Maryland, United States
John Bolton studied at McDonogh School, a private, coeducational, PK-12, college-preparatory school, after winning a scholarship and then graduated in the year 1966. Later, he got enrolled at Yale University and graduated summa cum laude in 1970 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Afterward, from 1971 to 1974, he attended Yale Law School and received a J.D. in 1974. Also, one of his classmates at Yale Law School included his friend Clarence Thomas, a judge, lawyer, and government official.
Attorney, Political Commentator, Republican Consultant, Former Diplomat, National Security Advisor, Author, TV Personality
- Father – Edward Jackson “Jack” Bolton (A Baltimore City Fireman)
- Mother – Virginia Clara “Ginny” (née Godfrey) (Housewife)
- Others – John Robert Bolton, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Wood (Paternal Grandmother), John Robert Godfrey (Maternal Grandfather), Carolyn Francis “Carrie” Adams (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 7¼ in or 171 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Bolton has dated –
- Christine Bolton (1972-1983) – He was married to Christine Bolton between the years 1972 and 1983.
- Gretchen Smith Bolton – He later got married to Gretchen Smith Bolton who has served as a financial planner with AXA Advisors. They parent a daughter named Jennifer Sarah Bolton.
Race / Ethnicity
John Bolton is of Scottish, Ashkenazi Jewish, German, Northern Irish/Scots-Irish, and English descent.
- Sports a mustache
- Wears spectacles
John Bolton Facts
- Despite being a supporter of the Vietnam War, he refrained from serving in Vietnam. Also, John Bolton wrote in his Yale 25th reunion book: “I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost.”
- He has been a supporter of military action and regime change in Syria, Libya, and Iran and has also favored the decision to invade Iraq.
- Over the years, John Bolton has been a part of a number of shows including Fox and Friends, Justice with Judge Jeanine, The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino, and The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
- He has released books titled Human Rights Challenges in Central America for the UN and Surrender Is Not an Option: Defending America at the United Nations and Abroad.
- He has also amassed an impressive social media fan base with more than a million followers on Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0