|John Bradley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1988|
John Bradley is an English actor best known as Samwell Tarly, Jon Snow’s friend, from the fantasy fiction adventure series, Game of Thrones. He also has some experience as a drummer and a stand-up comedian. John has been cast in a variety of TV shows and movies including American Satan, Borgia, Merlin, The Last Dragonslayer, and Shameless. He also has a huge social media fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram and over 60k followers on Twitter.
John Bradley West
Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
He resides in the United Kingdom.
John Bradley was a student at St Paul’s Roman Catholic High School. Then, he graduated with a degree in Drama and Theatre Studies from Loreto College in 2007.
Later, he attended the Manchester School of Theatre from where he graduated with a BA (Hons.) in Acting in 2010.
Actor, Comedian, Drummer
John Bradley is represented by –
- Shepherd Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Bradley has dated –
- Bex – He is in a relationship with journalist, host, and writer, Bex. They often share their pictures on social media and can also be spotted together during events.
Race / Ethnicity
- Innocent looks
- Sports a beard
John Bradley has not endorsed any brand yet.
John Bradley was raised in a Catholic household.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in various shows like Game of Thrones (from 2011) as Samwell Tarly, Borgia (2011) as Giovanni di Lorenzo de’ Medici, Merlin (2012) as Tyr Seward, and Shameless (2012) as Wesley
- Appearing in a number of movies like Traders (2015) as Vernon Stynes, Man Up (2015) as Andrew, The Last Dragonslayer (2016) as Gordon (adult), American Satan (2017) as Ricky Rollins, and Patient Zero (2018) as Scooter
He made his first theatrical film appearance as Austrian Prince in the historical romantic drama, Anna Karenina, adapted from Leo Tolstoy’s distinguished novel of the same name, in 2012. However, John Bradley was not credited for his role.
He made his first credited theatrical film appearance as Fan in Pub in the British-American action comedy, Grimsby, in 2016.
First TV Show
John Bradley made his first TV show appearance as Samwell Tarly in an episode, titled Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things, of the widely popular fantasy fiction adventure drama series, Game of Thrones, in 2011.
John Bradley Favorite Things
- Movies – 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), The Godfather Part II (1974), Raining Stones (1993), This Is Spinal Trap (1984), The Producers (1968)
- Actor – Stephen Dillane
John Bradley Facts
- He secured the part of Samwell Tarly in Game of Thrones just after auditioning for the first time after graduating from drama school.
- His character, Samwell Tarly, on Game of Thrones has become one of the fan favorites.
- George R. R. Martin, the author of the epic fantasy novel, A Song of Ice and Fire, which has been the primary source of the fantasy fiction adventure series, Game of Thrones, has said that if he were on the show, he would have played the same character as John Bradley.
- His best friend is Tom Smith and John is also the godfather of Tom’s son, Joshua Joseph Smith.
- He has supported the charity Macmillan Cancer Support.
- He voiced Apprentice Marten Webb in the video game World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth in 2018.
- He is a major Manchester United fan.
- Follow John Bradley on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0