|John Fetterman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1969|
|Spouse||Gisele Barreto Almeida|
John Fetterman is an American politician who is widely known for being a junior United States senator from Pennsylvania (2023-Present). Prior to beginning his term on January 3, 2023, he had served as the 34th lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania (2019-2023) and as the mayor of Braddock, Pennsylvania (2006-2019).
John Karl Fetterman
West Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Fetterman studied at Albright College and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in finance. He continued his studies at the University of Connecticut (UConn) and earned a Master of Business Administration degree in 1993.
Furthermore, he received a Master of Public Policy degree from the Harvard Kennedy School at Harvard University in 1999.
- Father – Karl Fetterman
- Mother – Susan Fetterman
John’s net worth was $800,000 according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
125 kg or 275.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John has dated –
- Gisele Barreto Almeida (2007-Present) – Fetterman met and fell in love with Gisele Barreto Almeida, an activist, philanthropist, and nonprofit executive, in 2007. The two tied the knot on June 9, 2008, during a road trip to Burlington, Vermont. Together, the couple shares 2 sons named Karl Fetterman and August Fetterman as well as a daughter named Grace Fetterman.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, distant Swiss-German, and French Huguenot ancestry.
- He is bald and sports a soul patch goatee.
- Towering height and heavy build
- He has tattoos on his right arm that memorialize the dates of murders that took place in Braddock under his mayorship. Moreover, he also has 15104 (Braddock’s zip code) inked on his left arm.
- His signature outfit is hoodies, shorts, and sweatshirts.
John Fetterman Facts
- He voluntarily stayed at the Walter Reed Hospital from February 16, 2023, to March 31, 2023, in order to get treatment for clinical depression.
- In 2009, Fetterman was dubbed ‘America’s coolest mayor’ by The Guardian.
- His political stance includes being pro-choice, advocating for criminal justice reform, supporting the abolishment of capital punishment in Pennsylvania, being in favor of legalizing marijuana, supporting Medicare For All, promoting labor unions, and advocating for a minimum wage of $15 an hour.
- In May 2022, Fetterman suffered a near-fatal stroke and spent the following months of the election campaign recuperating before returning to the campaign trail in August. His resulting speech impairment, although a temporary situation, cast serious doubt over his candidacy in an increasingly tight race during the midterm elections of November 2022. In the end, he won comfortably over his Republican opponent, Mehmet Oz. Moreover, his win flipped a long-held Republican seat and also helped Democrats secure control of the Senate.
- He owns 2 rescue dogs named Levi and Artie Fetterman. Both dogs are extremely popular online and have their own Twitter account with more than 50,000 followers.
- Fetterman suffers from a medical condition known as cardiomyopathy, in which the heart cannot effectively pump blood to the rest of the body and can even cause heart failure. Thus, he was fitted with a defibrillator and a pacemaker.
Featured Image by United States Senate / Wikimedia / Public Domain