|John O. Brennan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1955|
John O. Brennan is a former American intelligence officer who served as the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) from March 2013 to January 2017. He served with the CIA for 25 years and his work included serving as a Near East and South Asia analyst, as station chief in Saudi Arabia, and as director of the National Counterterrorism Center. He was also appointed as chief counterterrorism advisor to U.S. President Barack Obama, with the title Deputy National Security Advisor for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, and Assistant to the President. Moreover, John O. Brennan has also served as a senior national security and intelligence analyst for NBC News and MSNBC.
John Owen Brennan
North Bergen, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States
John O. Brennan studied at Immaculate Heart of Mary Elementary School. After that, he attended Saint Joseph of the Palisades High School in West New York, New Jersey.
He then enrolled at Fordham University (a private Jesuit research university located in New York City) and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in political science in 1977. Afterward, he attended the University of Texas at Austin and earned a Master of Arts in government with a concentration in Middle East studies in 1980.
As part of his education, John O. Brennan also spent a junior year abroad learning Arabic and attending the American University in Cairo.
Former Intelligence Officer
- Father – Owen Brennan (Blacksmith)
- Mother – Dorothy (Dunn) Brennan
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $3 Million as of 2023.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John O. Brennan has dated –
- Kathy Pokluda – He is married to Kathy Pokluda and the duo has been blessed with 3 children – a son and twin daughters.
Race / Ethnicity
John O. Brennan is of Irish descent on his father’s side.
Salt and Pepper
John O. Brennan Facts
- In 1948, his father emigrated from County Roscommon, Republic of Ireland, to New Jersey.
- John voted for the Communist Party USA candidate for president Gus Hall in 1976 when he was a college student and later described his vote as a way of “signaling my unhappiness with the system”.
- When he was studying at Fordham University, he saw an ad in The New York Times that said that the CIA was recruiting and subsequently decided that a CIA career would be a good match for his “wanderlust” and his desire for public service.
- In 1980, John O. Brennan applied for the CIA and during a lie-detector test in the application process, he admitted that he had voted for the Communist Party candidate four years earlier. Nevertheless, he was accepted and later stated that he finds it heartening that the CIA valued freedom of speech.
- He served as CIA station chief in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia when the Khobar Towers bombing killed 19 U.S. servicemen in 1996.
- In March 2001, he was appointed as deputy executive director of the CIA.
- John O. Brennan became the first official from the Obama administration in April 2012 to publicly acknowledge CIA drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
- He was nominated to be director of the Central Intelligence Agency by President Barack Obama on January 7, 2013.
- John O. Brennan became one of a group of 51 former senior intelligence officials in October 2020 who released an open letter stating that the Hunter Biden Laptop Controversy “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation”.
- Apart from English, he is well-versed in Arabic.
Featured Image by U.S. Government employee / cia.gov / Public Domain