|José Mourinho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1963|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
José Mourinho is a Portuguese professional football manager and former player who is best known for having served as the head coach of Italian Serie A club Roma. He is widely considered to be one of the most decorated managers of all time. In the past, José has managed teams like Benfica, União de Leiria, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, and many more. In his senior career, he had played for numerous teams such as Comércio e Indústria, Sesimbra, Rio Ave, and Belenenses. He has endorsed brands like Samsung, Braun, Jaguar, American Express, and Adidas. José has been the recipient of honors like Onze d’Or‘s “Coach of the Year”, Premier League‘s “Manager of the Season”, UEFA‘s “Manager of the Year”, World Soccer Magazine‘s “World Manager of the Year”, BBC Sports‘ “Personality of the Year Coach Award”, Globe Soccer Awards‘ “Best Coach of the Year”, and many more.
José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix
The Special One, The Happy One, Mou, Zé Mário
Jose Mourinho attended the Instituto Superior de Educação Física (ISEF) (Technical University of Lisbon), where he studied sports science. He graduated with a degree in physical education.
Professional Soccer Manager, ex-football player
- Father – José Manuel Mourinho Félix (Former Soccer Player and Manager)
- Mother – Maria Júlia Carrajola dos Santos (Former Primary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Teresa Felix (Older Sister)
Jose Mourinho is represented by Jorge Mendes.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jose Mourinho has dated –
- Matilde “Tami” Faria (1980-Present) – Jose Mourinho started dating Tami Faria at the age of 17 in Setúbal, Portugal. Tami was 15 years old then. They got married in a private ceremony in 1989. Tami gave birth to their first child, a daughter (Matilde) in 1996. Their first son, José Mário, Jr was born in 2000.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and pepper
- His trademark scowl
- Salt and pepper hair
Being one of the most high-profile soccer managers who has helped Mourinho bag endorsement deals that rival even star players. He has high-profile deals with carmaker Jaguar and luxury watchmaker Hublot. Also, he is the global ambassador for Braun, a German personal grooming giant.
His other brand endorsement partners include –
- Lipton Tea
- Paradise Co (A South Korean casino operator)
- BT Sport
- Atlantis Hotels
- EA Sports
- American Express
Plus, he has also starred in a cool Heineken advert during the 2016 Champions League.
Best Known For
- Leading FC Porto and Inter Milan to the UEFA Champions League victory.
- Managing some of the biggest clubs in the world.
First Soccer Match Managed
On August 15, 2004, Jose Mourinho made his premier league managerial debut for Chelsea FC in a 1-0 victory over Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.
Jose Mourinho’s first Serie A match in Inter Milan dugout was against Sampdoria on August 30, 2008. The match ended as 1-1 draw.
On August 29, 2010, Mourinho made his La Liga dugout debut in a goalless away draw against RCD Mallorca.
On August 14, 2016, Jose Mourinho took to the sidelines for Manchester United in a 3-1 away win against Bournemouth.
His first film appearance came in 2006 in a comedy movie Long Flat Balls as himself.
First TV Show
Jose Mourinho made his first TV appearance in Telejornal as himself in 1990.
Jose Mourinho performs 45 minutes of workout daily in the gym. All the exercises are divided into cardio and strength training. The cardio usually comprises of jogging, cycling or the cross trainer. For the weight training, he likes to work at a very low intensity, which helps him retain his lean physique.
Jose Mourinho Favorite Things
- London Restaurant – La Famiglia
- Food – Foie Gras
- Match – 2010 UEFA Champions League semifinal second leg between Inter Milan and Barcelona
- Wine – Barca Velha Douro
Jose Mourinho Facts
- Jose Mourinho has got nicknames of his wife, Tami and children, Tita and Zuca tattooed on his left wrist.
- In 2005, Jose Mourinho was declared the New Statesman Man of the Year for his extreme devotion to his work and family.
- In May 2007, Mourinho was arrested by the police in London for preventing animal welfare officials from quarantining his pet dog. He was eventually released with a police caution.
- In March 2009, the Technical University of Lisbon awarded him a doctorate honoris causa degree for his tremendous achievements in soccer.
- Jose Mourinho voiced Pope Francis in an animated Portuguese film that was approved by the Vatican and was released to mark the centenary (from 1917 to 2017) of ghost of Our Lady of Fátima.
- In December 2011, the Spanish Rolling Stones magazine declared him the rockstar of the year.
- The Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) declared Jose Mourinho the best Portuguese coach of the century in 2015.
- Jose got his managerial breakthrough by becoming legendary Sir Bobby Robson’s interpreter at FC Porto and Sporting CP.
- In 2005, he led the English club Chelsea to their first English league title in 50 years. His team also became the first English side to reach 95 points benchmark.
- At the end of the 2009-2010 season, he created history by becoming the first manager to lead an Italian club to treble glory. That season Inter Milan won Serie A, Coppa Italia, and the UEFA Champions League.
- In 2010, he was the first winner of the inaugural FIFA World Coach of the Year Award.
- In March 2005, he created a huge controversy during the champions league tie between Chelsea and Barcelona by claiming that match referee Andres Frisk met Barcelona’s coach during halftime.
- In June 2005, he was fined £200,000 by the English FA for illegally tapping up Arsenal defender Ashley Cole.
- During the brawl at the end of the 2011 Supercopa de España final, he was caught on the cameras gouging Barcelona’s assistant coach Tito Vilanova.
- Over his two stints with Chelsea FC, he has won three English Premier League titles, the FA Cup, and three English League Cups.
- In the 2011-12 season, he got his name in the record books after his side Real Madrid became the first team in history to score 120 plus goals across all competitions in the season.
- In the 2014-2015 season, his side Chelsea lost only three matches all season as they romp to title victory with three games to spare.
- At the end of the 2014-2015 season, he was declared Premier League manager of the season.
- Jose Mourinho signed a three-year deal with Manchester United with an option to extend one year further on May 27, 2016.
- In August 2016, Jose won his first piece of silverware with Manchester United after his side overcame Leicester City in a community shield tie.
- In 2018, he signed a deal to cover the FIFA World Cup as an analyst on RT.
- In the past, he served as the host of the TV show, On the Touchline with José Mourinho.