|Josh Holloway Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1969|
Josh Holloway is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as James “Sawyer” Ford in Lost, Roarke Morris in Yellowstone, Will Bowman in Colony, and Gabriel Vaughn in Intelligence. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Cold Heart, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Paranoia, Stay Cool, Just Yell Fire, Battle of the Year: The Dream Team, Walker, Texas Ranger, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Sabretooth, Amazing Stories, Good Girls Don’t, and many more. For his acting skills, Josh has been honored with several awards such as the Screen Actors Guild Award and Saturn Award.
Josh Lee Holloway
San Jose, California, U.S.
In 1987, he graduated from Cherokee High School in Canton, Georgia.
Post that, he was enrolled at the University of Georgia but just after a quarter, he left due to financial problems.
Actor, film producer, model
- Father – Was a surveyor
- Mother – Was a nurse
- Siblings – He has 3 siblings – 1 older brother and 2 younger brothers.
Viewpoint, Inc. (Publicist)
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
91 kg or 201 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh Holloway dated –
- Yessica Kumala (2002-Present) – In 2002, he started dating Yessica Kumala who is of Chinese descent from Indonesia. After he completed the shooting of Lost pilot in Oahu, Hawaii, he proposed to her. On October 1, 2004, they tied knots. The couple has two children, daughter Java Kumala (b. 2009) and son Hunter Lee (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish and Dutch descent.
- Towering height
- Strong muscular build
Josh has been seen in commercials on Old Navy clothing stores, Davidoff perfume, and Magnum Ice-Cream.
Best Known For
Playing James “Sawyer” Ford on the ABC drama series Lost from 2004 to 2010. He was seen in a total of 116 episodes and received the Best Actor award.
Josh debuted with the 2001 thriller film Cold Heart for his role as Sean.
First TV Show
In 1999, Josh was seen in The WB series Angel for his small role as Good-Looking Guy in just a single episode.
Josh has an athletic build. After working on the Lost series, he started training his body to play Trevor Hanaway in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011).
He did a hard workout and has shared the same 90-minute exercise regime with his fans.
Josh used the services of trainer Kovach 4 to 6 times a week, every time 90 minutes a day. Together they did 1 to 2 days of strength training and 3 to 4 days of interval training.
Pre-Workout Preparation – 15 Minutes
SMR (Foam Roll) (10 minutes) –
- IT band
- Latissimus dorsi
Joint Check (5 minutes) –
- Head Roll
- Shoulder shrug
- Arm circles
- Thoracic twist
- Knee to chest (hip mobility)
- Foot circles
Pilates Mat Exercises – 15 Minutes
- Roll downs
- Pelvic Tilt
- Supine Pelvic Twist
- Chest Lift with Rotation
- Bird Dogs
Dynamic Warm-up – 10 Minutes
- Horse Stance Med Ball PNF
- Inch Worm Push-Ups
- Frankenstein Goose Step
- Knee Pull Walk
- Spiderman Push-Ups
- Lateral lunging walk with Arm Sweep
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) – 30 Minutes
Circuit #1 (7 Minutes)
- Agility Ladder In-and-Out
- 24” Plyo-Box Jump-Up
- Roundhouse kicks
- Inverted BOSU Gladiator Burpees
Circuit #2 (7 Minutes)
- Agility Ladder Icky Shuffle
- Tire Flips
- Hatchet Kicks
- TRX Single Leg Triceps Press
Circuit #3 (7 Minutes)
- Agility Ladder Carioca
- Kettlebell Clean and Press
- Sliding Hook Kicks
- SB Pike Position Push-Up
- TRX Single Leg Pectoral Flies
Circuit #4 (Core Circuit) (7 Minutes)
- Stability Ball Pikes
- Stability Ball Crunches & Reverse Crunches
- Stability Ball Lateral Raises
- Stability Ball Russian Twists
Take 90 seconds of rest in between each circuit.
Cool Down – 10 Minutes
Light Static Stretch (5 minutes)
- Horse Stance Soft-Knee Forward Fold
- Quad Stretch
- Rear Deltoid Stretch
- Interior Corner Lean Pectoral Stretch
Joint Check (5 Minutes) –
- Head Roll
- Shoulder shrug
- Arm Circles
- Thoracic twist
- Knee to chest
- Foot Circles
Josh Holloway Favorite Things
- Favorite Scenes to film in Lost – Cage scenes
- Music – Classic rock, folk-rock
- Color – Dark Blue
- Movie – The Shining (1980)
Source – Reddit.com, IMDb
Josh Holloway Facts
- At the age of 2, Josh relocated with his family to the Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia from San Jose, California.
- Dr. Dale Holloway (Baptist preacher) and Carl Holloway (Author and World War II prisoner-of-war) are in his relations.
- American soldier Robert E. Lee is his ancestor.
- At a young age, Josh developed an interest in movies and eventually towards acting.
- Josh’s first job was to pick dead chickens from a farm.
- Josh can play guitar, hand percussion, and also little bit of harmonica.
- Josh is very ticklish.
- As a model, he has done ramp walks and worked with Versace, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, and Calvin Klein.
- Josh was actually born on the same day (July 20, 1969) when the Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon.
- He has done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Ajay in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (2007).