|Josh Klinghoffer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Josh Klinghoffer is an American musician who is best known for being the guitarist for the famous rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers. He has recorded many successful songs and studio albums like I’m with You (2011) and The Getaway (2016) with Red Hot Chili Peppers. He is also a former member of the alternative rock band, The Bicycle Thief and has released albums like You Come and Go Like a Pop Song with the band.
Josh Adam Klinghoffer
Santa Monica, California, United States
Josh dropped out of high school when he was 15.
Musician, Songwriter, Producer, Multi-instrumentalist
- Father – Steven Klinghoffer
- Mother – Kathleen Klinghoffer
- Others – Leonard Klinghoffer (Paternal Grandfather), Elaine Wiener (Paternal Grandmother), Rosanna “Nancy” M. Brady (Maternal Grandmother)
Josh is represented by Q-Prime Management.
Experimental Rock, Alternative Rock, Avant-garde, Electronica, Art Rock, Funk Rock, Post-rock, Funk Metal, Rap Rock
Guitar, Vocals, Drums, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Piano, Bass, Saxophone, Vibraphone
- Capitol Records
- EMI Records
- Warner Bros.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh has dated –
- PJ Harvey (2004-2005) – Josh started dating singer PJ Harvey in 2004. The couple dated for almost a year before breaking up in 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his father’s side and Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Best Known For
Being the guitarist for the famous rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers
Josh released his first studio album You Come and Go Like a Pop Song along with the American alternative rock band The Bicycle Thief in 1999.
As a member of the band Red Hot Chili Peppers, he released his first album titled I’m with You in 2011.
Josh made his theatrical film debut in Song to Song as himself in 2017.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show in 2011.
Josh Klinghoffer Facts
- At the age of 9, Josh started taking drum lessons. He is also a self-taught guitar and keyboard player.
- He dropped out of school at the age of 15 and began performing and recording music in Los Angeles.
- In an interview, he described his younger self as someone who would play guitar all day long.
- He joined the band The Bicycle Thief in 1997, which was at that time just an ongoing project by Bob Forrest, the former frontman of punk-rock band Thelonious Monster.
- During the recording of one of Bicycle Thief‘s album, Josh first met the then-Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist, John Frusciante and the two formed a good bond and started hanging out together even creating music.
- From 2006 to 2008, he worked as a touring and session musician for American soul duo Gnarls Barkley.
- In 2008, he founded his own band called Dot Hacker which he formed along with the former Gnarls Barkley members.
- Although he had played with Red Hot Chili Peppers in the final few legs of their Stadium Arcadium tour in 2007, he officially joined them in 2009 in the studio.
- Josh Klinghoffer is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Stefan Brending / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0