|Joyce Ching Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 5, 1995|
Joyce Ching is a Filipino-Chinese actress, dancer, and model, best known for acting in dramas and TV series based in the Philippines, such as Koreana (2010) as Amy Lee, Munting Heredera (2011) as Kyla, as well as Anna Karenina (2013) as Nina Fuentebella. The same year, she starred in Dormitoryo, this time in 13 episodes as a character Airiz de Ocampo. Joyce also had notable appearances in Strawberry Lane between 2014 and 2015 as Dorina and Amella for 80 episodes, Hahamakin ang Lahat (2016-2017) in 80 episodes as Rachel Ke, along with 95 episodes in Super Ma’am TV series from 2017 to 2018 as Dalikmata. After graduating from Meridian International College in July 2018, she landed the role of Grace Valencia in The Stepdaughters TV series, which picked up a lot of audience’s praise.
Joyce Giselle Palad Ching
San Ildefonso, Bulacan, Philippines
- San Miguel, Pasig, Philippines
- Makati City, Philippines
She attended Makati Integrated Christian Academy in Makati City, Philippines, and graduated in 2011. Joyce also received a trophy and a medal for the “Most Outstanding Christian Character Award” after she finished her secondary education.
In July 2018, Joyce graduated from Meridian International College Business and Arts Inc. with a bachelor of arts degree in film.
Actress, Dancer, Model, Singer
- Siblings – Kimbert Ching (Brother), Rachel nee Ching Raon (Sister)
Joyce is represented by –
- GMA Artist Center
- Viva Artists Agency (2005-Present)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joyce has dated –
- Kristoffer Martin (2011-2013) – The couple dated from January 24, 2011, until October 2013. They met at the sets of Endless Love (2010) and Tween Hearts (2010). Kristoffer said in an interview that they didn’t fall in love at first sight and that it started with a random act of kindness. Also, both of them talked about the Bible and God’s influence on their lives which brought them closer together. The pair appeared on-screen together in Munting Heredia (2011), Ikaw lang ang mamahalin (2011), Tween Academy: Class of 2012 (2011), and Healing Hearts drama in 2015.
- Kevin Russell (2018-Present) – In 2018 she started dating Kevin, who isn’t a part of show business like she is. Kevin’s social media suggested that he is an athlete and a runner, and the pair often shared love-filled messages and images of each other that symbolized the love they have.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino and Chinese descent.
- Prominent cheeks
- Thin, long nose
She has endorsed brands such as Trendsetter’s Bazaar, UniSilver TIME, Master Of Art watches, Skechers shoes, Pond’s Philippines cosmetics, MAC makeup and cosmetics, Magic chips, Zanea shoes, Abstruck, Folded & Hung clothing, Nailandia Venice Grand Canal nails, UNAROSA fashion, PinkSalmon Swimwear, HairFood, Nomination Jewelry, and others.
Joyce also appeared in various print and television ads as part of Bubble Gang Jr., a comedy sketch gag show, in 2005.
Best Known For
- Starring in Koreana (2010) and Munting Heredera (2011)
- Appearing in Dormitoryo (2013), a TV drama, and Strawberry Lane TV series in 2014 as Donna
- Playing one of the lead characters, Nina Fuentebella, in Anna Karenina (2013) alongside Barbie Forteza and Krystal Reyes
- Starring in Healing Hearts (2015) as Liza, alongside her ex-boyfriend Kristoffer Martin
- Being very religious and devoted to Christianity
Joyce first appeared in a sci-fi blockbuster Resiklo in 2007 and was credited as an Energetic Dancer.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in a role of Little Miss Mimi in Batang X: The New Generation in 2008.
She sometimes works with a personal trainer, but also works out alone at Hybrid Manila. It is a mixed martial art (MMA) and fitness gym located in San Miguel, Pasig, Philippines, and allows for a lot of variety when it comes to workouts. Joyce performs a lot of bodyweight exercises.
She also uses weights such as dumbbells and lighter bars, along with stretching and cardio. Joyce isn’t afraid to put on muscle mass and look masculine as many women do. It is obvious that she works very hard on gaining strength and endurance for her roles and everyday tasks.
Joyce Ching Favorite Things
- Singer – Katy Perry
- Drink – Coffee
- Color – Black, White
Joyce Ching Facts
- Her fashion essentials are a denim jacket, slip-on sandals, sneakers, white loose shirt, and anything black.
- She started her TV career as a member of Bubble Gang Jr., a gag comedy show, where she made various print and television ads until she got the role of Bea in First Time (2010).
- Joyce had her acting career breakthrough as Shirley in Endless Love (2010) TV series, alongside Kathryn Bernardo and Kristoffer Martin, who later became her boyfriend.
- She had an appearance in Reel Love: Tween Hearts as Ligaya or Aya for short, a girl who speaks with nature.
- She had an antagonist role of Rebecca “Becca” Sarmiento in Paroa: Ang Kuwento ni Mariposa in 2012.
- Her character of Dorina, a girl accused of stealing in Strawberry Line in 2014 died early in order for the new season to begin. After it began, Joyce starred as a completely different character of Amella, antagonist who tried to use deception and confusion to steal the family’s wealth in the series.
- During 2018, she worked very hard to complete her university education in film. As Joyce is very religious, she believed she was on the right path that God set for her, and all struggles would justify the end result.
- The struggles paid off at the end of 2018 when her agent called and told her that she landed the role in The Stepdaughters TV Series as Grace Valencia, which brought her further recognition among the Philippines’ audience.
- Joyce was nominated for the Star Award in the category of “New Movie Actress of the Year” in 2012 for Tween Academy: Class of 2012 that premiered in 2011.
- She won the German Moreno Youth Achievement Award in 2013.
Featured Image by Joyce Ching / Instagram