|JRDN Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1978|
JRDN, born Ralph Jordon Croucher, is a Canadian rapper and recording artist who has worked with various acknowledged artists and musicians such as Classified and Maestro. He has also opened for some of the big names of the music industry which include Ne-Yo, Snoop Dogg, Rihanna, Nas, and Juelz Santana. His major breakthrough came when he released his album, No Dress Code, in 2007 which help him win the “CBC Galaxie Rising Star” prize at the 2007 African Nova Scotian Music Awards show while also winning a 2008 East Coast Music Awards nomination in the “Best Urban Single” category. Initially, he gained fame and attention after appearing as a contestant on the reality TV music competition series, Canadian Idol, which made him further aware of the chances and opportunities that lay ahead of him. JRDN’s debut studio album, IAMJRDN, has also received critical acclaim and was ranked at number 13 on the Canadian R&B Albums Chart. Some of his album and non-album singles are Selfish Times, Won’t Let Go, Feelin’ Fine, U Can Have It All, Like Magic, Live My Dream, Love Ain’t Enough, Right Now, I Believe (with Galck), and Lemme Show You. JRDN has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 30k followers on Twitter and more than 40k followers on Instagram.
Ralph Jordon Croucher
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
JRDN studied at St. Francis Xavier University which is located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. He played basketball and was a part of the university’s team.
Recording Artist, Rapper
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
R&B, Hip Hop, Soul
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
JRDN has dated –
- Nicole Arbour (2011-2012) – Nicole Arbour is a comedienne, recording artist, choreographer, actress, dancer, singer, and YouTube personality who started dating JRDN in 2011. They went out for a while and were also spotted together on a couple of occasions. However, things did not work out quite well for them and the duo decided to part ways the following year i.e. 2012.
Note – JRDN often shares pictures with his daughter who was born in January 2015. Nothing much is known about the mother of the child except for the fact that the prospective mother once appeared on JRDN’s Instagram feed when he shared a picture of his daughter along with a lady captioning the picture with the words “Proud of you Mommy”.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often wears a cap
- Sports a goatee
JRDN has served as a Youth Ambassador for the brand, D250.
Best Known For
- Having worked with the likes of rapper and record producer, Classified, and rapper, record producer, and actor, Maestro
- Working with various famous artists in the music industry and opening for a number of reputed artists like Ne-Yo, Snoop Dogg, Rihanna, Nas, and Juelz Santana
- His album, IAMJRDN, which was charted at number 13 on the Canadian R&B Albums Chart and whose singles, U Can Have It All and Like Magic, reached number 20 and 24 respectively on the Canadian Hot 100 chart
- Having released a number of other album and non-album singles like Right Now, Go Slow (with Heitor Silvano), Selfish Times, Won’t Let Go, Live My Dream, Love Ain’t Enough, Lemme Show You, and Can’t Choose (featuring Kardinal Offishall)
JRDN released his debut studio album, titled IAMJRDN, on November 9, 2010, via Kuya Productions Inc. and Fontana North. It consisted of a total of 14 tracks which included The One, U Can Have It All, Like Magic, 4 Tha Ghetto, I Don’t Care, All We Need ft. Melanie Fiona, Forever And A Day, Top It All, and Cross The Line.
The album also ranked at number 13 on the Canadian R&B Albums Chart.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as a contestant on Canadian Idol.
- After his birth in Halifax, Nova Scotia, JRDN’s family decided to relocate to Toronto, Ontario when he was only 9 months old.
- JRDN grew up in Toronto, Ontario until the age of 10. There, the family lived in the Jane and Finch neighborhood and shared the building with King Lou of the Canadian hip hop duo, Dream Warriors. After that, his family came back to their previous place i.e. Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- It was King Lou who introduced JRDN to the hip hop scene while he lived with his family in Toronto, Ontario.
- He had always been into sports during his academic years and after graduating from St. Francis Xavier University, he went on to play basketball professionally for a year in France.
- Appearing as a contestant on the music reality TV competition series, Canadian Idol, helped him gain the appropriate knowledge of his field as well as exposed him to a wide range of opportunities.
- JRDN has also worked with the likes of Halifax producer Trobiz and has also recorded mixtapes with several groups such as N.E.P and Triple Threat.
- He has also worked with rapper and record producer, Classified, starting in 2007. Classified also served as the producer for JRDN’s album, No Dress Code, which was released in 2007. The album consisted of 13 tracks along with the videos of Selfish Times, Feelin’ Fine, So Addicted, Won’t Let Go, and It’s Raining.
- The album, No Dress Code, helped JRDN win the “CBC Galaxie Rising Star” prize at the 2007 African Nova Scotian Music Awards show and a nomination in the “Best Urban Single” category at the 2008 East Coast Music Awards. He has also appeared on the CBC television special, Barenaked East Coast Music.
- He has also toured around Canada with rapper and record producer, Classified, and rapper, record producer, and actor, Maestro.
- JRDN has also worked with various well-known musicians and has opened for the likes of Ne-Yo, Snoop Dogg, Rihanna, Nas, and Juelz Santana.
- In 2009, JRDN signed a deal with the Kuya Productions.
- JRDN’s first single, U Can Have It All, from his debut studio album, IAMJRDN, was charted at number 20 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart and it brought him much positive attention and praise. The video of the single was ranked at number 5 on the music video program, MuchMusic Countdown.
- The second single of the album, IAMJRDN, was certified ‘Gold’ by the non-profit trade organization, Music Canada, on September 10, 2012. The single was also ranked at number 24 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart while its video topped the MuchMusic Countdown.
- JRDN has also appeared as a featured artist on the song, Playing With My Heart, by Italian DJ and record producer, Alex Gaudino.
- He has also released a couple of EPs which include JRDN, Like It (with Cat Dealers), and Supply & Demand.
- He has also served as a delegate in the Citizen Voices program.
- Follow JRDN on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Maplecore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0