|Juan Pablo Montoya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1975|
Juan Pablo Montoya is a Colombian professional racing driver who participated competitively in the Formula One World Championship from 2001 to 2006 and never finished any season outside the ‘Top 8’, with his best performances coming in 2002 and 2003 where he finished in 3rd place. Despite his stupendous performances at the F1 circuit, he signed a contract with NASCAR in 2006 and started competing in several formats of motorsports across the world thereafter. He won the Rolex 24 at Daytona endurance race event in 2007, 2008, and 2013, and was a runner-up in 2009 and 2011. He was a runner-up at the 2015 IndyCar Series, stood 3rd at the 2018 24 Hours of Le Mans – LMP2 endurance race, and won the 2019 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Before joining F1, he had won the International Formula 3000 series in 1998, the FedEx Championship Series in 1999, finished as a runner-up at the International Formula 3000 series in 1997, and had stood 3rd at the Barber Saab Pro Series in 1994 and the British Formula Vauxhall Championship in 1995.
Juan Pablo Montoya Roldán
JPM, Juancho, Monty
Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Pablo Montoya (Architect)
- Mother – Libia Montoya (née Roldán)
- Siblings – Federico Montoya (Brother), Liliana Montoya (Sister), Catalina Montoya (Sister)
- 6, 3, 10, 4 – Formula One
- 42, 30, 40, 12 – NASCAR
Formula One Teams
Juan has raced for –
- Rothmans Williams Renault (1997) (Test Driver)
- Winfield Williams (1998) (Test Driver)
- BMW Williams F1 Team (2001-2004)
- West McLaren Mercedes (2005)
- Team McLaren Mercedes (2006)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Juan has dated –
- Connie Freydell (2001-Present) – Juan began dating Connie Freydell in 2001 and the couple got married a year later, on October 26, 2002, in Cartagena, Colombia. They have 3 children together – a son named Sebastian Montoya Freydell and 2 daughters named Manuela Montoya Freydell and Paulina Montoya Freydell.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Colombian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Juan Pablo Montoya Facts
- He first got introduced to the world of racing through his father who was a motorsports enthusiast and who educated him in the techniques of karting.
- In October 2009, he was placed at number 30 in British newspaper The Times‘ list of ‘Top 50 Formula One Drivers of All Time’.
- As of June 2020, he was one of only 2 active drivers, along with Fernando Alonso, to have won at least 2 legs of the ‘Triple Crown of Motorsport’; a feat that consists of the events – the Indianapolis 500, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and the Monaco Grand Prix.
- As of June 2020, he was one of only 3 drivers, along with Mario Andretti and Dan Gurney, to have won races in Indy cars, Formula One cars, and NASCAR Cup cars.
- In November 2013, the United States’ IRS (Internal Revenue Service) claimed that he had owed USD 2.7 million due to disallowed deductions between 2007 and 2008. He had subsequently filed a challenge to the audit in a U.S. Tax Court.
- As of June 2020, he held the F1 record of the ‘Fastest Top Speed’ achieved in a race that was recorded at 372.6 km/h (231.5 mph) at the 2005 Italian Grand Prix.
Featured Image by Juan Pablo Montoya / Instagram