|Julie Delpy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1969|
Julie Delpy is a French-American actress, film director, screenwriter, singer, and songwriter who is best known for starring as Céline in the Before trilogy of films – Before Sunrise (1995), Before Sunset (2004), and Before Midnight (2013). She is also well recognized for her work in films such as Europa Europa (1990), Voyager (1991), An American Werewolf in Paris (1997), 2 Days in Paris (2007), and 2 Days in New York (2012). For her work in Before Sunset (2004), she won the Empire Award for ‘Best Actress’ and the San Francisco Film Critics Circle Award for ‘Best Actress’. Julie has written, directed, produced, and composed music for several films and was nominated for an Academy Award in the category of ‘Best Adapted Screenplay’ for both Before Sunset (2004) and Before Midnight (2013). She won the Prix Jacques Prévert du Scénario award for ‘Best Original Screenplay’ for 2 Days in Paris (2007). As a singer, she released a self-titled album in 2003, 3 tracks from which were featured in the film Before Sunset (2004).
She splits her time between Paris, France, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
She holds dual nationality.
Julie had studied filmmaking at New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts.
Actress, Film Director, Screenwriter, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Albert Delpy (Actor, Writer, Director)
- Mother – Marie Pillet (Actress) (d. 2009)
Pop-Folk, Folk-Rock, Slowcore
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julie has dated –
- Jack Nicholson (1992)
- Adam Goldberg (1999-2007)
- Marc Streitenfeld (2007-2012) – Julie began dating German film score composer Marc Streitenfeld in 2007. They have a son together named Leo Streitenfeld (b. 2009). The couple parted ways in 2012.
- Dimitris Birbilis (2015-Present) – Julie got married to Greek assistant director and production manager Dimitris Birbilis in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of French descent.
- Petite frame
- Neck-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
Julie has been featured in a print advertisement for The GAP (2002).
Julie Delpy Favorite Things
- Painter – Francis Bacon
- Film Director – Ingmar Bergman
- Hobby – Sewing
- Actress – Marilyn Monroe
- Actor – Richard Dreyfuss
Julie Delpy Facts
- She revealed in an interview that she has been afflicted with several health issues since her childhood. Julie had to wear calipers at the age of 8 to support her weak frame caused by bone deformities. She also often experiences migraines and panic attacks and suffers from poor eyesight and low depth perception.
- Early in her career, she was nominated for a César Award in the category of ‘Most Promising Actress’ for 2 years in succession – for her work in Mauvais Sang in 1986 and Beatrice in 1987.
- Having acted in several French films at the beginning of her career, she moved to the United States in 1990 and had earned her American citizenship in 2001.
- Her father, prolific French actor Albert Delpy, had appeared as her on-screen father in 2 films – 2 Days in Paris (2007) and 2 Days in New York (2012). Julie had written, produced, and directed both films and had also composed the music for both films. In the former film, her character’s mother was played by her real mother Marie Pillet.
- In 2019, she was on the verge of quitting the entertainment industry.
- She has faced the problem of pay inequality while working in the movies Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. For the third installment of the Before movie series which is Before Midnight, she had asked for equal pay as that of Ethan Hawke in order to work in the movie.
Featured Image by Julie Delpy / Instagram