|Jun. K Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jun. K is a South Korean singer, songwriter, record producer, rapper, dancer and actor. He is best known for being the main vocalist of the South Korean boy band, 2PM. The singer was formerly known as Kim Jun-su but decided to change his name to Kim Min-jun in 2012. Some of his famous songs include Again & Again, Heartbeat, Without U, Hands Up, I’m Your Man, and many more. He has a strong growing fanbase on social media with more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
Daegu, South Korea
He attended Dong-ah Institute of Media and Arts. He later went on to attend Kyunghee University’s Media Information Graduate School.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Rapper, Dancer, Actor
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
Hip hop, K-pop, R&B, Soul, Jazz, Electronic
- JYP Entertainment
- Sony Music
- Ariola Japan
- United Asia Managemen
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jun. K has dated several women in the past but there is not much information available about his relationships as he likes to keep his love life private.
He has described his ideal type of girlfriend to be someone who works and has a successful career.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean ancestry.
He prefers to dye his hair ‘red’ and ‘brown’.
Jun. K has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Body Shop
- Paris-Croissant Food Company
Best Known For
- Being the main vocalist of the South Korean boy band, 2PM
- His 2nd solo Japanese album Love Letter that peaked at number 1 on both Billboard Japan Top album and Hot album sales charts
- His first solo Korean EP Mr. NO♡ which peaked at number nine on Billboard World Albums chart
Jun. K released his first studio album 01:59PM along with the band 2PM on November 10, 2009. The album peaked at #1 on The Gaon Music Chart and sold more than 11 hundred units in Korea.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on Hot Blood in 2008.
Jun. K tries to keep himself fit by doing a lot of physical activities every day.
Jun. K Facts
- When Kim Min-jun was in school, he participated and won various poem and songwriting competitions and has also won more than 70 awards for his essays and book reports.
- He auditioned for both YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment and was selected by both agencies but chose to work with JYP Entertainment.
- While he auditioned for the YG Entertainment, he met G-Dragon and Taeyang of another boy band called Big Bang. Since then, he is close friends with both of them.
- On October 17, 2012, he announced that he would be changing his name from Kim Jun-su to Min-jun due to some family reasons. He had formerly also changed his stage name from Junsu to Jun. K.
- He made his official debut with the boy band 2PM as the lead vocalist on September 4, 2008.
- According to the other members of the band, Jun. K used to be the troublemaker of the group and would usually break the management rules.
- The single HOT from 2PM‘s second studio album Hands Up was originally Jun. K’s solo composition.
- He is a dog lover and has 2 pet dogs.
- Apart from Korean, he can also speak English and Japanese.
- In his free time, he likes to compose songs.
- He is also a fashion enthusiast and loves collecting accessories and shoes.
- On May 8, 2018, he began training at the Nodo training center, a 2nd infantry division of 1st ROK Army, in Gangwon-do Yanggu in order to complete his mandatory military service.
- Jun. K was honored with “Special Class Warrior” on May 31, 2019, a status which is only awarded to those who master in shooting, physical endurance, first aid, vigilance, CBR training, mental endurance, and combat skills and is regarded as a symbol of success as a soldier.
- Apart from his work with the band, he has also released his solo music that includes Korean extended plays such as Mr. NO and 77-1X3-00 which peaked at number 5 on the Gaon Music Chart and My 20’s peaked at number 6. His Japanese extended plays included Love & Hate, Love Letter, No Shadow all of which peaked at number 2 on the Oricon Weekly Albums Chart.
- Follow Jun.K on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jun. K / Instagram