|June Shannon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1979|
June, Mama June, The Coupon Queen, and The Human Thumb
McIntyre, Georgia, United States
Hampton, Georgia, United States
Reality TV star, Actress
- Father – Melvin Shannon
- Mother – Sandra Hale
- Siblings – Joanne Shannon (Sister), Jimmy Shannon (Brother)
June Shannon is represented by GR Media Firm.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
June Shannon has dated –
- Michael Ford (1999) – June Shanon was rumored to be going out with a man named Michael Ford in 1999. Shanon has revealed that Michael is the real father of Pumpkin. He is reported to have spent two years in jail after being convicted of sexual exploitation of a child over the internet.
- Mark McDaniel (2000-2004) – June started going out with Mark McDaniel, who served 10 years in prison for aggravated child molestation, in 2000. They eventually ended their 4 years relationship in 2004.
- Mike Thompson (2004-2016) – Mama June first met Mike Thompson (also known as Sugar Bear) online in 2004. Shortly after, they started officially dating. During the course of their relationship, June gave birth to their daughter Alana Thompson in August 2005. In June 2014, it was reported that they had decided to end their relationship. However, by the time, they appeared in Marriage Boot Camp, they had got back together. But, by the time show was premiered in January 2016, they had ended their relationship once again. In her April 2017 interview with Page Six, she accused Thompson of being physically and emotionally abusive.
- Geno Doak (2016) – In January 2016, the American tabloids were reporting that she was dating Geno Doak, who ran a local home remodeling company. They had met after she had hired him to remodel her house in Hampton neighborhood of Georgia. It was also claimed that they had been together for about a month.
- The identity of her first daughter Anna’s father and her second born, Jessica’s father isn’t known. Overall, she has had 4 children from four different relationships. June gave birth to Anna when she was 15 years old. Through Anna, June is also the grandmother of Kaitlyn Elizabeth Clark and Kylee Madison Cardwell.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde hair
- Short height
June Shannon hasn’t appeared in any TV commercial. However, she has used her social media accounts to promote a couple of products and brands.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the main cast in the popular reality TV show, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
- Having managed to lose more than 300 pounds of weight in a very short span of time.
In November 2014, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the adventure comedy movie, Dumb and Dumber To.
First TV Show
In January 2012, June made her first TV show appearance on the reality show Toddlers and Tiaras.
In 2017, June Shanon managed to shed about 300 pounds of weight after undergoing a series of surgeries which included insertion of a gastric sleeve. To make sure that she keeps weight off her body, she even hired a personal trainer, Kenya Crooks.
Crooks along with designing an effective workout routine also made subtle changes to June’s diet, which made it easier for her transition to healthy eating habits. For example, he asked her to have a fruit-infused water, whenever she craved for her favorite sodas.
To combat her sweet cravings, Crooks asked her to eat watermelon. Whenever she feels like having potato chips, she has been advised to have apple chips. Another preferred snacking option is grapes.
June Shannon Facts
- She became a grandmother at the age of 32 after her daughter Anna gave birth to Baby Kaitlyn at the age of 18.
- June Shannon struggles with her vision and is actually legally blind. The cause of this is childhood cataract which was not detected and treated at the right time.
- While growing up, her foot was run over by a forklift while she was working at the warehouse. And, because of this, she hasn’t been barefoot during her TV appearances.
- According to reports, she stole $3,300 in 2004 from a safe.
- She has been diagnosed with diabetes. She also has battled soda addiction.
- June didn’t have a very good childhood as her mother and stepfather rarely had time for her as they had to work a lot to make ends meet.
- The former US President G. W. Bush is her second cousin through her marriage.
- She was once slapped by her daughter Alana while appearing on the TV talk show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
Featured Image by June Shannon / Instagram