Justin Brooks Verlander
Manakin-Sabot, Virginia, United States
Justin first went to Goochland High School. After graduating from Goochland, Verlander joined Old Dominion University where he was a member of the baseball team. He studied at Old Dominion for three years.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Richard Verlander
- Mother – Kathy Verlander
- Siblings – Ben Verlander (Brother) (Baseball Player)
Justin is signed with Relativity Sports (Sports Management Agency).
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Justin Verlander dated –
- Kate Upton (2013-Present) – Justin met well known American model Kate Upton in 2012 while filming MLB 2k12 TV advert. They dated from July 2012 to December 2012. After a hiatus, they again commenced dating in December 2013 and spent 3 years together until April 2016 when they decided to crown their relationship with an engagement. On November 4, 2017, Kate Upton and Justin tied the knot in Italy in a church. On November 7, 2018, the couple had their first child, daughter Genevieve Upton Verlander.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
Justin Verlander’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Verlander has been sponsored by Under Armor and Rawlings.
He has also appeared in a TV commercial for Bayer Aspirin.
Best Known For
Being voted the MLB MVP (Major League Baseball Most Valuable Player Award) on November 21, 2011.
First Baseball Match
Justin debuted in a professional baseball match in 2005.
Verlander had his MLB debut on July 4, 2005 playing for Detroit Tigers.
Justin has not performed in a feature film yet.
However, he has been seen in a couple of movie documentaries.
First TV Show
Other than baseball matches itself, Verlander appeared in two episodes of the sports based TV series Prime 9 from 2009 to 2010 as himself.
Justin’s workout can be seen in this video.
Justin Verlander Favorite Things
- Memories – Playing against his brother and winning over him.
- Technology – iPad
- Feature in Major League Baseball 2K12 – Pitching using the analog stick
Source – Complex.com
Justin Verlander Facts
- Despite he attended high school, Justin also trained at The Richmond Academy. There he managed to throw a fastball that reached 84 mph (135 km/h).
- In 2003, Verlander set a new record for a single season for most strikeouts (139).
- In 2004, Justin set another record of 151 strikeouts, this time for the (CAA) Colonial Athletic Association.
- As a member of the USA’s baseball team in 2003, Verlander pitched for his country all the way to the silver medal at the Pan American Games.
- He was selected as the second overall pick by the Detroit Tigers in the 2004 MLB draft.
- During the off-season in 2010, Verlander extended the contract with the Detroit Tigers for 5 more years with a price of 80 million dollars.
- In 2011, he achieved the Cy Young Award and AL MVP Award.
- Before the start of the 2013 season, Verlander and Detroit agreed on a new seven-year deal worth 180 million dollars with an option for additional 22 million dollars if Justin finishes in top 5 players during the voting for the Cy Young Award 2019.
- Justin and his brother Ben played together in one match during the spring training.
- Follow Verlander on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.