|Kai Greene Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kai Greene is an American former professional bodybuilder, personal trainer, artist, and actor whose major career titles came at the 1996 WNBF (World Natural Bodybuilding Federation) Pro Natural Worlds, the 2007 Shawn Ray Colorado Pro/Am Classic, the 2008 New York Pro, the 2009 Australian Pro Grand Prix, the 2009 Arnold Classic, the 2010 Arnold Classic, the 2010 Australian Pro Grand Prix, the 2011 New York Pro, the 2013 Mr. Olympia, the 2013 EVLS Prague Pro, the 2016 Arnold Classic, the 2016 Arnold Classic Australia, and the 2016 Arnold Classic Brazil. He had finished as a runner-up at the 2012 Mr. Olympia, the 2012 Sheru Classic, the 2013 Mr. Olympia, the 2013 Arnold Classic Europe, and the 2014 Mr. Olympia. Kai had stood 3rd at the 2007 Keystone Pro Classic, the 2008 Arnold Classic, the 2011 Mr. Olympia, and the 2011 Sheru Classic.
Leslie Kai Greene
Mr. Getting It Done, The Predator
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Professional Bodybuilder (Retired), Personal Trainer, Artist, Actor
Kai Greene’s net worth had been $1 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
121 kg or 266.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kai has dated –
- Dayana Cadeau
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Muscular physique
- Sports a long, braided ponytail with the rest of his head shaved off
- Often sports a chinstrap beard
Kai has been sponsored by –
- Flex (American bodybuilding magazine)
- Ryderwear (Australian fitness apparel and accessories brand)
- REDCON1 (sports supplement and clothing company)
- Reign Body Fuel (American energy drink and food supplement brand)
In 2021, he had become the face of a gaming cryptocurrency called Grapefruit Supercoin.
Kai Greene Facts
- Kai, since the age of 6, was raised in foster care and residential treatment centers in Brooklyn, New York City. When he was in the 7th grade, his rapid physical growth had attracted the attention of his English teacher who had encouraged him to enter teenage bodybuilding competitions.
- In the early and mid-1990s, while working at Johnny Lats Gym in Brooklyn, he had started getting trained in bodybuilding. After winning the 1999 NPC (National Physique Committee) Team Universe event, he had taken a 5-year break from bodybuilding competitions.
- Between 2003 and 2008, he had been featured in several solo scenes in gay er*tica films.
- He had made his comeback by winning the 2004 NPC Team Universe contest. This win had qualified him to compete in IFBB (International Federation of BodyBuilding and Fitness) events.
- In 2009, he collaborated with director Mike Pulcinella on the release of Overkill, a film that had documented his preparation for his first appearance at the Mr. Olympia event. He had stood 4th in the competition that year. In the subsequent 5 years, he had finished 7th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, and 2nd, respectively. He did not compete in the prestigious event after 2014 and is widely regarded as one of the best bodybuilders to have never won the competition.
- In 2015, he launched a supplements brand called Dynamik Muscle. The following year, he had started a training program called The 5P. It was named after his life motto – ‘Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance’.
- In November 2015, he and fitness model Krystal Lavenne had started co-hosting a weekly podcast titled Generation Iron which was named after the 2013 American documentary film Generation Iron which had followed the world’s leading professional bodybuilders (including Kai) as they trained to compete in the 2012 edition of Mr. Olympia.
- During the podcast, Krystal and Kai would discuss several topics related to fitness and bodybuilding while answering questions sent in by fans. He had left the podcast a few months later. In October 2020, he began hosting his own podcast titled Getting It Done.
- He had portrayed the character of a male stripper in the 2015 comedy film College Debts. In November 2016, he traveled to Guizhou, China, to shoot for the 2018 martial arts film titled Crazy Fist.
- In 2017, he portrayed the character of Funshine in the 2nd season of the popular Netflix sci-fi series Stranger Things. He had also been featured in the 2021 Kannada-language Indian action-thriller film titled Pogaru.
Featured Image by Kai Greene / Instagram