|Maggie Q Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 22, 1979|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Maggie Q is an American actor, voiceover artist, and model who has been cast in television roles like Beth Davis/Michelle Webber in the CBS police procedural crime drama series Stalker, Nikita Mears in The CW action-thriller drama series Nikita, Hannah Wells in the ABC political thriller drama series Designated Survivor, and Wonder Woman (voice) in the Cartoon Network superhero animated series Young Justice. Moreover, Maggie Q has played a variety of roles in movies such as Tori Wu in Divergent, The Divergent Series: Insurgent, and The Divergent Series: Allegiant, Mai Shiranui in the sci-fi martial arts film The King of Fighters, Gwen Olsen in the supernatural horror film Fantasy Island, Harran Woman in the Chinese historical action film The Warrior and the Wolf, Irina in the heist comedy film The Con Is On, Christine in the horror film Death of Me, Zhen Lei in the action spy film Mission: Impossible III, May in the Hong Kong romantic comedy film Magic Kitchen, Sarah in the drama film The Argument, and Janice Taylor in the romantic anthology comedy-drama film New York, I Love You.
Margaret Denise Quigley
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Pound Ridge, New York, U.S.
She started her primary education at the Mililani Waena Elementary School, where she studied till 5th grade before moving to Wheeler Intermediate School.
After that, she got enrolled at Mililani High School and graduated in 1997.
She wanted to pursue veterinary science and even got admission to a private university on an athletics scholarship. However, her family couldn’t support her financially.
Actor, Voice Artist, Model
- Father – US army veteran
- Mother – Property Investor
- Siblings – She has four older siblings including two older sisters and two older half-siblings from her mother’s first marriage.
Maggie Q has been represented by Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $9 Million.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
51 kg or 112½ lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maggie Q has dated –
- Daniel Henney (2005) – Maggie had a very short-lived romance with actor and model Daniel Henney in 2005. They were reported to have met at a party in Hong Kong.
- Justin Long (2007) – Actors Justin Long and Maggie Q started dating after having worked together in the 2007 film Live Free or Die Hard. They were even spotted making out while attending a party at the Playboy mansion.
- Daniel Wu – Maggie was rumored to be dating actor Daniel Wu in the past.
- Brett Ratner (2008-2010) – Maggie dated film director Brett Ratner, with whom she had earlier worked in Rush Hour 2 in 2001, for a couple of years. They ended their relationship in 2010.
- David Leitch (2010) – In 2010, it was reported that Maggie Q was seeing the Hollywood stuntman David Leitch, whom she had first met on the sets of movie Balls of Fury (2007).
- Thomas Care (2011-2012) – Maggie created quite a stir when she started dating her TV series Nikita crew member Thomas Care in 2011. The scandalous aspect of this relationship was that Care was a married man at the time of the relationship. They were spotted together on casual outings as well as red carpet events.
- Dylan McDermott (2014-2019) – Maggie was first spotted together with her Stalker co-star in September 2014 while shopping in Brentwood. They went public with their relationship by getting engaged and walking the red carpet together at the Golden Globe Awards in January 2015. They broke up in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
Her father is of Irish, Polish, and French descent, whereas her mother is of Vietnamese origin.
- Tall and very slim figure
- Tattoos on her arms
- Exotic look
31-22-32 in or 79-56-81 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
Maggie Q has done brand endorsements for –
- Beauty and makeup brand Lux
- Japanese personal care and cosmetics giant Shiseido.
- Just Diamond Jewellery
- Max Factor
- Oil Of Olay
- Far Eastern Bank, etc.
Have a look at the Lux White ad.
Best Known For
Having starred in Mission: Impossible III (2006), Rush Hour 2 (2001), science fiction action film series Divergent, and TV show Nikita from 2010 to 2013.
She made her movie debut in the Cantonese horror-comedy Gui ming mo in 2000 for her role as Anna.
As a voice artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Mom in the English version of the 2018 Japanese animated anthology film titled Modest Heroes.
First TV Show
She made her first TV appearance in the Cantonese drama show House of the Dragon in 1998 as Devine in a number of episodes.
Maggie Q performs an intense workout routine almost daily that includes core exercises, plyometrics, and martial arts training to keep her toned body in fighting shape for her challenging action stunts.
She has revealed that practicing martial art moves for her action sequences is more than enough to keep her body strong and lean. When she is not filming, she prefers to practice yoga to keep her body flexible and supple.
Maggie eats only vegetarian food.
Maggie Q Favorite Things
- Food Item – Kale
- Meal – Salads
Source – SheKnows
Maggie Q Facts
- Maggie Q was nominated as the best body in the senior year of her high school, where she excelled in swim, field, and track events as well.
- At the age of 17, Maggie moved to Japan to start her modeling career after a suggestion from her friend.
- Maggie has a phoenix tattoo on her left hip, which was done by an artist in Vancouver and drawn by an artist in Asia to symbolize her career journey.
- While working as a model in Hong Kong, she was selected by action star Jackie Chan as a protégé and made her undergo intensive training to become an action star.
- She voiced the character of Chase Linh in the video game Need for Speed: Undercover in 2008.
- In August 2011, she had a temporary hearing loss while doing a stunt.
- She is an animal lover and has a history of adopting rescued dogs as pets. At one time, she had eight rescued dogs in her house.
- Her performance in Nikita got her nominated for several accolades including the Teen Choice Award, IGN Summer Movie Award, and TV Guide Award.
- Maggie is involved with the animal rights organization, PETA and has fronted a number of campaigns for the group in Asia.
- In 2008, she was selected by the Asia Pacific division of PETA as “Person of the Year” and was also shortlisted in the best-dressed celebrities list.
- For her TV series, she keeps her wardrobe and set free of any exotic animal skin products and props.