|Kamui Kobayashi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 13, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kamui Kobayashi is a Japanese professional racing driver and TV personality. In Formula One, he was best known as part of Toyota’s team between 2007 and 2010, and Sauber’s team between 2010 and 2012. He returned to Formula One in 2014 and moved to Super Formula in 2015.
Kamui Kobayashi (Japanese: 小林 可夢偉, Kobayashi Kamui)
Amagasaki, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan
Professional Racing Driver, TV Personality
- Father – He owns a sushi restaurant.
- Siblings – He has an older brother and a younger sister.
Kamui Kobayashi is represented by Dream Win Co., Ltd. (Manager) in Seoul, South Korea.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kamui Kobayashi has dated –
- Yû Abiru (2010-2011)
- Yu Hasebe (2011)
Race / Ethnicity
A mole below his left eye
Kamui Kobayashi has endorsed brands such as –
- Good Smile Company
- Kinshukai Group
- TAG Heuer
- Arai helmet
Kamui Kobayashi Favorite Things
- Soccer Club – Valencia CF
- KitKat Flavor – Strawberry
- Cuisine – Japanese (Excluding Raw Fish)
- Drink – Milkshake
- Music Genre – House
- Circuits – Magny-Cours, Silverstone
- Motto – Carpe Diem! (Seize The Day!)
Kamui Kobayashi Facts
- He was named after a divine being in Ainu mythology, Kamuy.
- Kamui wanted to become a stand-up comedian when he grows up but later realized he wasn’t talented enough.
- He started his career in motorsport when he was 9 years old. When he did, he had no idea Formula One existed.
- His family doesn’t follow racing and doesn’t own a car.
- His dad was supportive but couldn’t afford to sponsor his racing career.
- Kamui never lived the typical life of a racing driver. He didn’t have a steady home and lived out of his suitcase. At the age of 17, he moved to Europe and lived in Italy and France.
- Kamui knew he wanted to race in Formula One when he saw how hard Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso competed against each other in 2003.
- His career with Formula One began on November 16, 2007, when he became the 3rd driver for Toyota’s F1 team replacing Franck Montagny. During the 2008 and 2009 season, he was both a test and reserve driver for the team.
- Kamui made his Formula One debut at the 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix on October 18, 2009.
- In 2010, Kamui was praised for his skills to overtake his competitors. It was due to an aggressive driving style and the ability to outbreak drivers in front of him and “just sail past them.”
- He celebrated his 26th birthday in 2012 with a strawberry and blackberry cake.
- He had the chance to appear in the 2013 season of Formula One but lacked funding. To combat that, he raised around €8 million in a crowdfunding campaign he called Kamui Support and sent bracelets to fans who donated. As it was too late to find a drive, he waited until the 2014 season to drive. Instead, he drove for AF Corse in the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship.
- In 2014, he met with David Choe, an American artist of Korean descent, and Sasha Grey, an adult actress. They jokingly called it “3 biggest perverts in Japan that happened to be in one room.”
- His blood type is RH+AB.
- His hobby is amateur photography and he primarily uses Minolta cameras.
- In the past, Kamui was very curious to taste a sweet bread roll in Mexico called Concha. He liked it but noted it looked like a seashell to him. Concha actually means shell in Spanish.
- Kamui is also a pilot.
- Some of the food items he enjoys eating are red meat, lemon, and fried chicken.
- He loves to drink tea.
- Kamui used to collect toy cars in the past.
- If his racing career didn’t pan out, he would have become a sushi chef like his dad.
Featured Image by Kamui Kobayashi / Instagram