|Sakshi Malik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sakshi Malik is Indian professional freestyle wrestler who became the first Indian female wrestler to win a medal at the Olympics.
Mokhra village, Rohtak district, Haryana, India
Sakshi was trained by Ishwar Dahiya from 2004 to 2009. She then went on to be coached by Mandeep Singh in 2010.
In the past, she graduated with a Master’s degree in Physical Education from Maharshi Dayanand University in Rohtak.
Professional Freestyle Wrestler
- Father – Sukhbir (Bus Conductor with Delhi Transport Corporation)
- Mother – Sudesh Malik (Supervisor at a Local Health Clinic)
- Siblings – Sachin Malik (Brother)
- Others – Badlu Ram (Grandfather) (Wrestler)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sakshi Malik has dated –
- Satyawart Kadian (2016-Present) – Sakshi got married to fellow freestyle wrestler Satyawart Kadian on April 2, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite but muscular physical appearance
- Shoulder length wavy hair
Sakshi Malik Facts
- It was her grandfather Badlu Ram who inspired her to take up wrestling.
- Sakshi was only 12 years old when she started training as a wrestler at an Akhara in Chhotu Ram Stadium, Rohtak.
- She got her big break as a professional freestyle wrestler at the 2010 Junior World Championships, where she won a bronze medal in the 58 kg category. Sakshi won her first gold medal at the 2014 Dave Schultz International Tournament.
- In the year 2016, Malik won a bronze medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics, in the 58 kg category. This made her the first Indian female wrestler to win a medal in the Olympics.
- Sakshi is a member of the JSW Sports Excellence Program alongside the likes of fellow wrestlers Vinesh Phogat, Babita Kumari, and Geeta Phogat.
- In September 2016, Sakshi was appointed as the director of Maharshi Dayanand University’s wrestling department.
- Sakshi was awarded a Padma Shri in 2017.
- One of the earliest posts that Sakshi uploaded to her Instagram account was on June 23, 2020.
- As of August 2021, Sakshi was employed by the Indian Railways in the commercial department of its Delhi division, in the Northern Railway zone.
- In the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 held in Birmingham, England, Sakshi won the ‘Gold’ medal in the women’s 62 kg category by defeating Canada’s Ana Godinez Gonzalez. This was her first-ever Gold medal and third overall in CWG history.
Featured Image By Sakshi Malik / Instagram