|Kanika Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1978|
Kanika Kapoor is an Indian singer who has contributed as a playback singer for several Bollywood films and is widely known for numerous chart-topping and viral pop numbers such as Jugni Ji (2012), Baby Doll (2014), Kamlee (2014), Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan (2015), and Beat Pe Bo*ty (2016). She was one of the judges on the singing-based reality TV show The Voice India in 2019. Kanika was shrouded in controversy in March 2020 when she was tested positive for the dreaded coronavirus after returning from a trip to London where she had gone to meet her children. It was alleged that she had not only violated the medical authorities’ advice of self-quarantine but hidden her positive diagnosis and gone on to perform at several parties where noted dignitaries including Parliamentarians and civil service officers were present. It resulted in severe backlash on social media due to her contradictory statements on the situation and FIRs being filed against her for gross negligence.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
She splits her time between –
- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- London, England, United Kingdom
Kanika had completed her schooling from Loreto Convent, Lucknow. After her high school graduation, she attained her Bachelor of Arts degree and then a Master’s degree in music from the renowned Bhatkhande Music Institute in Lucknow.
- Father – Rajeev Kapoor (Businessman)
- Mother – Poonam Kapoor (Boutique Shop Owner)
- Siblings – Sasha Kapoor (Older Brother) (Businessman)
Western, Pop, Filmi, Sufi
- Zee Music Company
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kanika has dated –
- Raj Chandok (1997–2012) – Kanika got married to a doctor and businessman Raj Chandok in 1997 and moved to London. They have had 3 children together, 2 daughters named Aayana and Samara, and a son named Yuvraaj. After nearly 15 years of marriage, the couple got divorced in 2012 after which she relocated to Mumbai to pursue a singing career in Bollywood.
- Aditya Kilachand – Rumor
- Gautam Hathiramani (2022-Present) – NRI businessman Gautam Hathiramani and Kanika got married in May 2022 in London in a private ceremony attended by close friends and family.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
She has served as the brand ambassador for the Swiss watch manufacturer 88 Rue du Rhone.
Kanika Kapoor Facts
- She had an interest in music from a very young age and when she was 12, she began studying and getting trained in classical music under Pandit Ganesh Prasad Mishra. She joined him on many classical concerts across India.
- When she was 15 years old, she worked in a short stint with All India Radio.
- She won the ‘Best Female Playback Singer’ award at the IIFA Awards for 2 years in a row, for the song Baby Doll in 2015 and the song Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan in 2016.
- Kanika has launched a fashion brand called Kanika Kapoor: House of Chikankari which helps local female artisans in Lucknow who have expertise in the Chikankari style of embroidery and textile decoration.
- She had performed a song titled Hello Namstey for India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi when he had addressed a massive gathering at the iconic Wembley Stadium in London in November 2015.
Featured Image by Kanika Kapoor / Instagram