|Karel Marquez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1986|
Karel Marquez is a Filipina actress, model, singer, television host, freelance artist, and entrepreneur who is widely known for having been featured in numerous TV shows including Ang Lihim ni Annasandra (2014–2015), as well as for having starred in a number of films like Tiyanaks (2007). She is the recipient of many accolades such as the Aliw Awards in 2004 for “Best New Artist (Female)”. She has amassed more than 360k followers on Instagram.
Karla Ysabel Marquez-Santos
Actress, Model, Singer, Television Host, Freelance Artist, Entrepreneur
- Father – Dr. Eduardo Santos
- Mother – Pinky Marquez (Actress)
She has been represented by Becky Aguila.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Arman de Guzman – She had a relationship with Arman de Guzman. The pair had two children, namely Keiley and Kyler.
- Sean Fariñas (2012-Present) – She started dating Sean Fariñas in January 2012. They got engaged on May 6, 2016, and tied the knot on December 1, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Fuller lips
- Tattoos on her body
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Metrotiles. She has done modeling work for various labels like Pond’s.
Karel Marquez Favorite Things
- Actress-Villainies – Character actress Cherie Gil
Source – IMDb
Karel Marquez Facts
- She had been a video jock of the music video channel of ABS-CBN called Channel MYX.
- Karel has stated that she had thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the television drama romance series My Husband’s Lover (2013) that had the most uncommon theme for a regular soap opera in the Philippines but had still gone on to become a phenomenal success. She has loved how the program is not just concentrated on the tale of the lover but also deals with family and the ways to handle our everyday lives. She has been thankful that the theme of gay lovers was accepted by people of all genders in the Philippines, and has added that some bashing along with appreciation, was expected.
- Karel has stated that her role as Evelyn in My Husband’s Lover had been refreshing for her and had helped her to improve as an actress. Similar to her character in the show, in real life too she has cried at the drop of a hat. She has easily been moved and felt the emotions of others. She has found it harder to internalize feelings and portray the villain.
- Karel has disclosed that if she found out that her partner was gay, she would want to know the details and try her best to fix the issue, particularly if they had children.
- She has affirmed that her mother has always told her positive things and urged her to never give up as it is never too late to do what one has to do along with loving what he or she loves. She has seen the wisdom in the words as she has worked hard for her kids and realized that there can be nothing she would not do for the love of her children.
Featured Image by Karel Marquez Santos Fariñas / Instagram