Karen Sheila Gillan
Karen, Sheila, Kaz
Inverness, Scotland, UK
Los Angeles, California, United States
Gillan studied acting at Telford College.
She then joined the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts drama school in London and achieved a Bachelor of Arts degree in acting.
- Father – John Gillan (Recording Artist)
- Mother – Marie Gillan (Singer)
- Siblings – Unknown
Karen is signed to –
- Troika (Talent Agency)
- United Talent Agency
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
128 lbs or 58 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karen Gillan dated –
- Patrick Green (2006-2012) – Karen was in a 6-year long relationship with the British photographer Patrick Green.
- Andrew Brooke (2012) – In 2012, Karen had an encounter with the British actor Andrew Brooke.
Race / Ethnicity
- Red hair
- Her height (178 cm)
- Long legs
34-26-34 in or 87-66-87 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
She has voiced the TV commercials for Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Warburtons, eHarmony and others.
Despite her family being Catholic, Karen stated that she doesn’t practice any religion.
Best Known For
Her appearance in the TV series Doctor Who (2010 – 2012). She played the character of Amy Pond who is a companion of the protagonist Matt Smith (the Doctor).
Gillan first showed up in 2008 in the TV movie Stacked, playing the character of Ginny Turner.
First TV Show
Karen first TV appearance was back in 2006 in the TV series called Rebus. Gillan appeared in the episode A Question of Blood playing as Teri Cotter.
Karen’s training can be checked while she was preparing for the role of Nebula in the 3D movie Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) on kasterborous.com.
Karen Gillan Favorite Things
- Candy Bar – Hazelnut Dairy Milk
- Spice Girl Song – Who do you think you are
- Part of Scotland– Inverness
- Favorite Place to Travel – New York
- Candy – Cadbury Cream Eggs
- Color – Teal
- Sandwich – Consists of bread with seeds, avocado, chicken and pepper
- Animal – Meerkat
Source – RadioTimes, Topiama
Karen Gillan Facts
- Karen learned to play the piano when she was 7.
- She and Katee Sackhoff are great friends.
- For her role as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Karen shaved her head. But instead of throwing away her hair, it was turned into a wig and donated to Star Wars 7.
- At a young age, she showed the passion for acting and joined a few local theater groups.
- She loves to shop for vintage clothing.
- She promoted the Fashion Targets Breast Cancer in 2011.
- Inspired by Bootylicious, she had imitated Beyonce and dyed her hair pink.
- Follow Karen on Twitter.