|Karen Marie Moning Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1964|
Karen Marie Moning is an American author who has written the ‘Highlander Series’ (1999-2006) and the ‘Fever Series’ (2006-Present) of novels in the paranormal romance and urban fantasy genres, respectively. Her work has been published in more than 24 languages and her books have been sold in more than 30 countries. Many of her novels have been regular features on the ‘New York Times Bestseller List’. Her first book, Beyond the Highland Mist (March 1999) had been nominated for 2 RITA (Romance Writers of America) awards and her 3rd book, The Highlander’s Touch (November 2000), had won the RITA Award in 2001 in the category of ‘Best Paranormal Romance’.
Karen Marie Moning
Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, United States
She splits her time between Ohio, United States, and Florida, United States.
Karen had been expelled from high school when she was 16 years old but had already accumulated enough credits to graduate.
Her parents had encouraged her to take a year off after that and she had then joined Purdue University, a public land-grant research university in West Lafayette, Indiana. She had graduated from there with a Bachelor of Arts degree in society & law, with minors in philosophy, creative writing, and theatre.
- Father – Anthony R. Moning (d. June 21, 2015)
- Mother – Janet L. Moning
- Siblings – She has an older sister and a brother.
She is represented by Richard H. Bennett, Legal and Boking Agent, FisherBroyles Law Firm, Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karen has dated –
- Neil Dover (2010–2011) – Karen had married chef, editor, and musician Neil Dover in 2010. Neil had written the music for some of the early books in Karen’s ‘Fever Series’. However, the marriage did not last too long as they had decided to part ways by the end of the year and their divorce was finalized in May 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
Karen Marie Moning Facts
- Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, Karen’s family had moved to a self-sustaining farm in Indiana when she was 6 years old. She used to spend her time there raising animals such as cows and horses, and taking care of crops like tobacco and corn.
- While she was attending Purdue University, she used to work as a bartender and a computer consultant. After her graduation, she had planned to attend a law school but had dropped the idea after a brief internship with a firm of criminal attorneys.
- For more than a decade after this, she had worked in the insurance industry, writing intercompany arbitrations, and directing commercial litigation. When she had turned 30, she had decided to take her childhood dream of writing fiction novels seriously.
- She had started her career writing on the theme of paranormal romance set in Scotland. In the 2nd half of her career, she had developed a greater indication towards the genre of urban fantasy and had also shifted her setting to Ireland.
Featured Image by Karen Marie Moning / Instagram