|Karen Mulder Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1968|
Karen Mulder is a Dutch model and singer best known as the supermodel of the 90s. She has walked the ramp for several popular brands such as Valentino, Yves Saint Laurent, Versace, and Giorgio Armani. Karen has also graced the covers of many magazines such as Vogue, Elle, and Cosmopolitan.
The details about Karen’s educational qualifications are not available.
- Father – Ben Mulder (Tax Inspector)
- Mother – Marijke (nee de Jong) (Secretary)
- Siblings – Saskia (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Karen Mulder is represented by –
- Marilyn Agency – Paris
- Aline Souliers Model Management – New York
She was formerly represented by Elite Model Management in Milan and Paris.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karen has dated –
- Rene Bosne (1988-1993) – French photographer, Rene Bosne, got married to Karen in 1988 when she was just 18 years old. However, the couple split after a 5-year long relationship in 1993.
- Jean-Yves Le Fur (1993-1995) – Karen was in a relationship with the Fench magazine publisher, Jean-Yves Le Fur, in 1993. The two had met at an airport in France and fell in love soon after and got engaged. However, they called off their engagement after a short while and ended their relationship.
Note – Karen has a daughter named Anna who was born in 2006. However, the identity of the father has not been revealed.
Race / Ethnicity
Karen has done advertisements for several brands including –
123, Calvin Klein, Celine, Cerruti 1881, Cesare Paciotti, Chloe, Christian Dior, Claude Montana, Clerici Tessuto, Cotton Line, Escada, Garnier, Genny, Giorgio Armani, Guerlain ‘Issima’, Guess, Herve Leger, Jacques Fath, Jean Paul Gaultier, Kejzars, Lanvin, Macy’s, Nivea, Principles, Ralph Lauren, Rena Lange, Rochas ‘Eau de Rochas’ fragrance, Saks Fifth Avenue, Swarovski, Synergie, Tabak, Theresa Konig, Valentino, Versace, Victoria’s Secret, Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent ‘Resolument Rive Gauche’ fragrance
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Best Known For
- Being hailed as a supermodel in the 1990s
- Walking the runway for several top brands such as Alberta Ferretti, Alma, Chloé, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Genny, and Gianni Versace
- Making several appearances in TV shows such as Les Enfoirés, 20h10 pétantes, and Vivement Dimanche
As a Singer
In 1997, Karen released a self-titled CD which contained several songs like Sans Toi, Elle L’embrasse, and Divine Justice.
First TV Show
Karen made her debut TV show appearance in the family musical series, Sacrée soirée, in 1994.
In order to keep herself fit and curvy as a model, she would take on cardio-intensive exercises such as ‘Tae Bo’ and ‘The Step’.
Karen Mulder Favorite Things
- Movie – Roman Holiday (1953)
- Hobbies – Traveling, Singing, Painting, Reading, Watching Movies
Source – IMDb
Karen Mulder Facts
- She was born in Vlaardingen and was brought up in Den Haag.
- Karen grew up with a playful lifestyle, participating in plenty of sports such as swimming, singing, and sailing.
- In 1985, Karen was discovered through a competition organized by Elite called the “Look of the Year”, after a friend of hers had secretly sent her pictures to the agency. Karen won 1st place in Amsterdam and was later placed at the 2nd position during the finals.
- In 1992, Karen signed with Victoria’s Secret and made a total of 5 appearances for the brand from 1996 to 2000.
- In 2001, Karen opened up about being raped by top executives at Elite as well as by Prince Albert of Monaco in an interview conducted on the French show Tout le monde en parle. However, the footage from the interview was erased.
- According to her father, Karen had been a victim of drug abuse in the past.
- In 2001, Karen was admitted to a psychiatric hospital named Villa Montsouris where she spent 5 months under careful observation.
- In 2002, Karen tried to take her life by consuming a high dose of sleeping pills at her Paris apartment on Avenue Montaigne. However, this led her into a state of coma and she was rushed to hospital by her neighbors and ex-fiance, Jean-Yves Le Fur, who had come to the apartment to check on Karen after she hadn’t answered a number of his calls.
- Karen can speak almost 6 languages – Dutch, English, French, German, Latin, and Greek.
- In 2009, Karen was arrested after a complaint was filed against her for “threatening to attack her plastic surgeon” and was kept under police custody.
- In the past, Karen had released her very own beauty tips’ CD which featured her giving tutorials on beauty and makeup.
- Karen Mulder is not active on social media.
Featured Image by (Karen Mulder Fan Account / Instagram)