|Karim Benzema Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0¾ in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1987|
Karim Benzema is a French professional footballer who is best known for his career as a striker for the La Liga club Real Madrid and the France national team. He has been a part of a variety of tournaments such as Coupe de France, Copa del Rey, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA European Under-17 Championship, and UEFA Nations League. Karim is considered to be one of the best strikers of his generation and has been given numerous honors such as Ligue 1 “Top Scorer”, UNFP Ligue 1 “Player of the Year”, Peace Cup “Bronze Boot”, “The Best FIFA Men’s Player”, and many more.
Karim Mostafa Benzema
Coco, Karim, Benzegoal
Benzema attended Olympique Lyonnais Academy. He was a good student and has been described as discreet and respectful.
- Father – Hafid Benzema
- Mother – Wahida Djebbara
- Siblings – Sabri Benzema (Younger Brother) (Footballer), Gressy Benzema (Younger Brother) (Footballer), Celia Benzema (Older Sister), Nafissa Benzema (Older Sister), Sofia Benzema (Older Sister), Lydia Benzema (Older Sister), Farid Benzema (Older Brother), Laeticia Benzema (Older Sister)
- Others – Da Lakehal Benzema (Grandfather)
Karim is signed with BK 2 Consulting.
6 ft 0¾ in or 185 cm
83.5 kg or 184 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Karim Benzema dated –
- Zahia Dehar (2008) – Algerian-French fashion designer and the former prostitute had s*x with Karim when she was 16 in 2008. It came into the news later after a prostitution case was filed.
- Manon Marsault (2010-2013) – From 2010 to 2013, Karim had dated Manon Marsault.
- Jenifer Yael (2012) – In 2012, Karim had a brief romance with Jenifer Yael.
- Rihanna (2015) – In 2015, Benzema had a fling with the famous singer Rihanna.
- Analica Chaves (2015) – Karim dated Analica Chavez for a couple of months in 2015.
- Chloé de Launay – Benzema had a relationship with nurse Chloe de Launay in the past. The couple has one daughter, Melia (b. February 3, 2014).
- Cora Gauthier (2016-Present) – Karim then started dating model Cora Gauthier after meeting her during the spring of 2016 in Madrid, Spain. They got secretly married to each other. He became a dad for the second time when he welcomed his son named, Ibrahim on May 5, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Karim is of Algerian descent.
- Athletic build
- Short hairstyle
- Benzema has appeared in numerous TV commercials for Adidas.
- In the past, Karim was announced as an ambassador of the video game publisher Electronic Arts for the FIFA series.
- He has also signed sponsorship contracts with brands like Hyundai, BuzzMobile, French bank LCL, and bwin.
Best Known For
Being a very powerful and skilled striker
First Football Match
On January 15, 2005, Benzema made his professional debut in a match between Olympique Lyon and Metz.
While playing for Lyon, Karim had his first appearance in the UEFA Champions League in a match against Rosenborg on December 6, 2005.
He debuted for Real Madrid on July 20, 2009, in a friendly match against Shamrock Rovers.
On August 29, 2009, Benzema had played his first official match in the Primera Division against Deportivo La Coruna.
Karim debuted for the senior national team of France on March 28, 2007, against Austria.
- Counter attack threat
- Weak coordination when pressured
- Weak ball handling skills
- Rarely can create a situation for himself
Benzema has not taken part in any feature film yet but was seen in a short documentary film Euro 2012: The Score as himself in 2012.
First TV Show
In 2008, Karim appeared in the TV series documentary Le grand journal de Canal+ as himself.
Karim is very passionate when it comes to exercising. He is one of those players who loves to go to the gym and work on his body, despite the fact that typical bodybuilding programs won’t make any good to the performance of the footballer. Benzema is aware of this fact, and that’s why he doesn’t lift heavy (90-100% lifts). In his opinion, looking good is something that everyone should focus upon, no matter if they are professional sports stars or just a regular person.
Below, we present you with a sample of Karim’s workout schedule. He does 4 training sessions switching his exercises between the upper and lower body.
Monday / Thursday – Lower Body
- Explosive Squat with 60% of 1RM – 3×10
- Hamstring Curl – 3×10
- Calf Raises – 3×15-20
- Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift – 3×8 (per leg)
- Jump Squat with 30% of 1RM – 3×8
Tuesday / Friday – Upper Body
- Dumbbell Bench Press – 3×8-10
- Dumbbell Row – 3×8-10 (per arm)
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press – 3×8-10
- Dumbbell Biceps Curl – 3×8-10
- Dumbbell Triceps Extension – 3×8-10
- Weighted Pushup – 3×10-12 in super-set with Dips – 3×10-12
Wednesday / Saturday / Sunday – REST DAY
**NOTE: After 2 or 3 weeks, make sure you change the exercises so the body doesn’t get used to them. Otherwise, that would stunt your muscle growth, and there would be little or no results at all.
When it comes to nutrition since the former legendary football player Zinedine Zidane joined Real Madrid as an assistant in 2013, Benzema’s awareness about the importance of having quality nutrition rose to another level.
At the time when the popular Zizou was around, he suggested Benzema to attend a high-performance clinic in Merano, Italy which Karim accepted. The clinic was a success for the French international who lost a total of 8 kilograms and managed to build up lean quality muscle mass.
Karim Benzema Favorite Things
- Actor – Denzel Washington
- Movies – Gangster movies
- Holiday Destination – Ibiza (Balearic island in the Mediterranean Sea)
Source – Dailymail.co.uk
Karim Benzema Facts
- Karim’s grandfather Da Lakehal Benzema lived in a village called Tigzirt in Algeria. He moved to Lyon in the 1950s.
- He was raised in Bron, an eastern suburb of Lyon.
- Karim is the third youngest in his family of 9 kids.
- The family of Benzema’s mother originated from Oran, a city located in Northwest Algeria.
- On November 4, 2015, Benzema was arrested for the potential blackmailing of his French fellow Mathieu Valbuena.
- He began his football career at the age of eight in a club named, Bron Terraillon SC.
- Karim attracted Lyon’s attention when he scored two goals in an u-10 league match against Lyon’s Youth Academy.
- In the 1990s, Terraillon president was approached by Lyon’s officials who wanted to sign Karim. Eventually, he refused their offer.
- He was a ballboy during Lyon’s senior team matches.
- In the 2007-2008 season, he was the leading striker for Lyon.
- On July 1, 2009, Lyon and the Spanish club Real Madrid agreed on the terms for the transfer of Karim. The total fee was 41 million euros. After only 8 days, on July 9, Benzema passed the medical tests and signed a six-year contract with the Spanish club.
- On November 9, 2006, Karim was called to join the senior national team of France for a friendly match against Greece.
- In November 2008, William Gallas accused Benzema and other young players for being rude during the UEFA Euro 2008.
- Karim wasn’t picked by the national team of France for the Euro 2016.
- On April 18, 2010, Karim and three other French national team members including Sidney Govou, Hatem Ben Afra, and Franck Ribery were accused of being a part of a prostitute affair with an underaged or transgendered woman. Benzema, as one of the suspects, was held responsible for having a sexual affair with a 16-year-old girl named Zahia Dehar. Later, his and Ribery’s lawyer asked for their cases to be dropped because of them being not aware of Zahia’s age. Eventually, the case went on to trial and the first hearing happened in June 2013.
- In 2020, Karim started his YouTube channel.