|Kat Cunning Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1992|
Kat Cunning is an American burlesque dancer, singer, and Broadway performer who was noticed for their acting prowess when they got cast as Christina Fuego in the HBO TV series The Deuce (2018–2019) and as Sabine in Netflix series Trinkets. Kat’s original songs Birds (2019) and King of Shadow (2019) are also featured on Trinkets.
Katrina R. Cunningham
Oregon, United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Kat finished high school early and while living in their home town of Portland, they trained at Classical Ballet Academy for several years.
The dancer enrolled for a Bachelor’s degree in Arts (BFA – Dance 2007–2011) at Purchase College affiliated to State University of New York. Their undergraduate program comprised of one-year training at Taipei National University of the Arts in Taiwan (2009–2010) where their dance training also included Kung Fu and Ashtanga Yoga.
Actor, Singer, Choreographer, Dancer, Model
- Mother – Chris Ann Cunningham
- Siblings – Rick Pay (Older Brother) (Flight Instructor, Managing Principal at Vindur Hao Base Camp), Robbie Cunningham (Younger Brother) (Software Developer)
- Others – Michelle Thurber Payne (Sister-in-law) (Public Relations Executive)
Kat is represented by –
- Andy Clayton, Paradigm Talent Agency
- MMG Model and Talent management
- Andreadis Talent Agency, United States
- Joshua Rittenhouse, Agency for the Performing Arts (APA)
- Alex Hardee, CODA Agency, United Kingdom
- Bobbie Gale, Mixed Media Works (Publicist)
Alternative Pop, Soul, Baroque
Kobalt Music Group (AWAL Music Recording)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Kat has dated –
- Mickey Vershbow (2015–Present) – Kat confirmed their relationship on their Instagram. Mickey works as a live and studio drummer as well as provides lessons to women and people of non-conforming gender.
Race / Ethnicity
They often tend to dye their hair ‘light brown’.
- Sultry voice
- Curly hair
- Broad face and forehead with a sharp chin
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Kat was raised as a Christian.
Kat Cunning Favorite Things
- Music Albums – James Blake (2011), Beyoncé (2013), Anti by Rihanna (2016)
- Female Celebrities – Julia Roberts, Ashley Graham, Issa Rae
- Food – Oysters
- Snack – Popcorn
- Queer Lady Role Models – Cherry Jones (Acting), Anna Calvi (Musician), Mickey Vershbow (Muse & Collaborator)
- Guilty Pleasure – Truffle macaroni and cheese
- Song – The Way I Feel by Asa (2012)
- Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio
- Show Tune – Wait till you see her (1942)
- Female Fictional Characters – Ophelia, Hedda Gabler, Helen McCormick
Source – MusicMusingsandSuch.com, Superdry, GoMag.com, TheAterintheNow.com
Kat Cunning Facts
- They started learning classical ballet at the age of 3 and trained with the premier dance company Joffrey Ballet at the age of 14. Kat’s initial aspiration was to work for the American Ballet company. However, they lost interest in classical dance when their figure developed curves that made them realize that their body was not lean enough to become one of the best ballet dancers. Hence, during their undergraduate program, they focused on learning modern and contemporary dance.
- Kat choreographed their first song at the age of 12. Around the same time, their parents got divorced and their mother came out gay. Kat, on the other hand, stayed in denial of their sexuality throughout their teens immersing themself in ballet and bible study. They came out to their family in college.
- When they turned 18, Kat got the tattoo of a bird on their body.
- Cunning does not like cooking and claims to be a bad cook.
- In November 2013, they publicly announced being gay on their company’s social media page, Company XIV (Baroque Burlesque performance theatre).
- In an effort to get cast in the 2nd show of Company XIV when a lot of dancers were getting laid off, Kat told the director that they could sing even though they had never before attempted singing professionally. Nevertheless, upon request, they sent the director a capella video of Willow, Weep for Me that landed them the lead role in the next stage show. This incident also initiated the beginning of their music career.
- Katrina made their Broadway debut in 2016 playing Lila in Cirque Du Soleil’s Paramour.
- The dancer likes to describe themself as a female Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Kat is also an avid photographer.
Featured Image by Kat Cunning / Instagram