|Daniel MacPherson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1980|
Daniel MacPherson is an Australian actor, television presenter, and stage artist who is known for playing Joel Samuels in the soap opera Neighbours, PC Cameron Tait in the ITV police procedural series The Bill, Simon Joyner in the drama series City Homicide, Samuel Wyatt in the action-adventure spy drama series Strike Back, Arion in the fantasy drama series The Shannara Chronicles, and Jack Keenan in the period drama series Wild Boys. Additionally, Daniel has also appeared in movies like The Cup, Infini, The Osiris Child: Science Fiction Volume One, Generational Sins, A Wrinkle in Time, BlackJack: Dead Memory, and Rain.
Daniel Donald MacPherson
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
He divides his time between –
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Daniel MacPherson studied at Sydney Boys High School, a government-funded selective secondary day school for boys located at Moore Park, New South Wales.
Actor, Television Presenter, Stage Artist
- Mother – Anne MacPherson
- Siblings – Brodie MacPherson (Younger Sister) (Artist, Writer, Producer), Andrew MacPherson (Brother)
Daniel MacPherson has been represented by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel MacPherson has dated –
- Kristi Townley – He was romantically involved with publicist Kristi Townley in the past.
- Jemma Gawned (2005-2006) – Between 2005 and 2006, Daniel MacPherson went out with Jemma Gawned.
- Natalie Garonzi (2010) – In July 2010, he started dating actor, writer, comedian, and TV presenter Natalie Garonzi. After going out for a few months, the couple decided to part ways in November 2010.
- Zoe Ventoura (2011-2020) – Daniel MacPherson and actor Zoe Ventoura started going out in 2011. They have also worked together in the television period drama series Wild Boys. In December 2014, the duo got engaged and later married on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland in November 2015. In December 2019, they were blessed with a son named Austin Xavier. The following year in December, the couple announced their split on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
Daniel MacPherson Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Cronulla, Sydney’s beachside suburb.
- At the age of 10, Daniel MacPherson was accepted into Mensa.
- He was 16 years old when he was discovered while competing in the Kurnell triathlon in southern Sydney.
- He won the Logie Award for “Most Popular New Male Talent” in 1999.
- In 2003, Daniel MacPherson was nominated for a British National Television Award in the “Best Newcomer” category.
- Alongside Brendan Gleeson, Stephen Curry, and Tom Burlinson, Daniel co-starred as Jason Oliver in the 2011 biographical film The Cup.
- In 2015, he co-starred as Whit Carmichael in the science fiction film Infini.
- Daniel MacPherson was cast as Mr. O’Keefe (Calvin’s abusive and unloving father) in the 2018 American science fantasy adventure film A Wrinkle in Time, starring Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Levi Miller, Storm Reid, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Michael Peña, Zach Galifianakis, and Chris Pine.
- As a host, he has been a part of shows such as Dancing with the Stars, The X Factor Australia, Good Morning Australia, and others.
- His stage credits include having been cast in productions like Jack and the Beanstalk, The Mysteries, Aladdin, Cinderella, Love Letters, and Godspell.
- In 2021, Daniel MacPherson started playing the recurring role of Hugo Crast (an interplanetary trader from Thespis who became Salvor Hardin’s lover) in the science fiction streaming television series Foundation.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0