|Storm Reid Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 2003|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Storm Reid is an actress from Georgia, United States. She started her career at the age of 3, in 2006, when she first appeared in a commercial. She got her first film in 2012, which was a short film, The Girls of Summer. Over the time, she has appeared in several films like A Wrinkle in Time (2018), Only You (2018), etc.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She studied in Chestnut Charter Elementary School located in Dunwoody, Georgia.
Around the age of 8, Storm took acting lessons at Creative Studios Atlanta Film Academy (CSA).
Over the years, she continued to hone her skills with a variety of classes such as voiceover lessons, vocal lessons, and training in hip-hop dance.
After her first year of public middle school, Storm had to be homeschooled due to her growing professional commitments. While filming in foreign locations, she continued traveling with a tutor.
In March 2021, she was accepted to the University of Southern California (USC).
- Father – Rodney Reid (Personal Trainer, Life Coach)
- Mother – Robyn Simpson (TV / Film Producer, Seed & Wings Productions)
- Siblings – Iman Reid (Older Sister) (Air Hostess), Paris Reid (Older Sister) (TV / Film Producer, Seed & Wings Productions), Josh Reid (Older Brother)
Storm Reid is represented by these agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Stella Alex, The Savage Agency
- Principato-Young Entertainment
- Management 360
- BWR Public Relations
- Fred Toczek, Felker Toczek Suddleson Abramson (Law Firm)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is African-American.
Storm is mistakenly presumed to be bi-racial. Although, Storm could possibly have a distant association with relatives of a different race, both her parents are black.
- Bi-racial features owing to thin lips and lighter skin
- Small, deep-set eyes
- Tall and lean
- Sharp, oval face
At the age of 3, Storm was cast in a Sprouts PBS Kids TV commercial which was also her first job.
In March 2021, she was announced as Maybelline’s global spokeswoman.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Emily in 12 Years a Slave which won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2013
- Cast in the lead role of a science-fiction, adventure fantasy movie called A Wrinkle in Time (2018) to play a bi-racial kid named Meg Murry. The movie had a high profile star cast of Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, and Chris Pine.
- A Wrinkle in Time was directed by Ava DuVernay who was allotted the highest budget of $100-$130 million, ever granted to a woman of color in Hollywood to make a movie.
In 2013, Storm was seen in the role of Emily in the period drama film, 12 Years a Slave.
First TV Show
In 2013, Storm had a 1 episode guest role of a character named Avery in the comedy series The Thundermans aired on Nickelodeon.
- Storm stays fit by swimming frequently and taking classes in Gymnastics and Taekwondo.
- She does not follow any particular dietary regime and usually eats whatever she wants.
Storm Reid Favorite Things
- Eating Spots In Hometown Atlanta – Zaxby’s, Waffle House
- Cookie – Mint Oreos
- High-End Brand – Coach, Chanel
- Clothing Brand – Forever 21, Topshop, GAP
- Books – The Giver (1993) by Lois Lowry, Heart Talk (2018) by Cleo Wade
- Movie – Matilda (1996)
- Song – Lemon by N.E.R.D and Rihanna
- Actress – Meryl Streep
Storm Reid Facts
- She was sure she wanted to become an actress at the age of 3.
- As a student, she enjoyed studying Science and Mathematics and received good grades in those subjects.
- Storm had no knowledge of Black History and slavery when she was cast to play Emily in Twelve Years a Slave (2013) so her mother made her watch Roots (1988) and Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012) to prepare for her role.
- If she were to become a superhero, she would retain her original name, Storm because she thinks her name is already powerful enough to befit a larger-than-life character.
- Storm enjoys acting in movies more than TV shows because a movie project takes her to exotic, foreign locations and the work winds up in a few weeks while a TV show pretty much has the same set every day and the role might last a long time.
- In order to play Aki in Lea to the Rescue (2016), Storm had to learn Portuguese along with mastering a different accent.
- She had to make the most extreme change in her appearance for the short film The Spirit Game (2013) in which she had to wear prosthetic make-up to look like half of her face was burnt. The final result in her appearance scared Storm more than anybody else.
- Other than acting, she claims to be good at drawing and singing.
- As of March 2018, Storm reportedly had 1 Betta fish and 3 pet dogs named Bella (a pit bull), Prime (a boxer), and Cayenne (a red toy poodle).
- Storm is also an aspiring filmmaker and hopes to get into movie production with the help of her mother.
- In March 2021, she and Ludacris donated many people the gift of ice cream in Black and Latinx-owned ice cream shops in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and Atlanta to celebrate the new Netflix family comedy movie Yes Day.
- In July 2021, Storm teamed up with Pacsun to launch her swimwear line, Storm Reid x Pacsun ArashiBlu Collection.
- Storm went to her first MET Gala event in 2021.
Featured Image by Storm Reid / Instagram