|Kate Garraway Quick Info
|5 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|May 4, 1967
Kate Garraway is an English journalist, television presenter, and radio personality who works as a presenter of the Mid Mornings with Kate Garray on Smooth Radio. She also co-anchors Good Morning Britain on ITV Breakfast during Fridays.
Kathryn Mary Garraway
Abingdon-on-Thames, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
She attended Dunmore Primary School and Fitzharrys School in Abingdon. She later graduated from Bath College of Higher Education with a BA in English and History.
Journalist, TV, and Radio Presenter
She self-manages herself.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Garraway has dated –
- Ian Rumsey (1998-2002) – Kate Garraway married her former boss Ian Rumsey in her hometown at Abingdon, Oxfordshire in 1998. Following 4 years of marriage, the couple divorced in April 2002.
- Derek William Draper (2005-2023) – Kate Garraway married Derek Draper in Camden, London in September 2005. Their first child was born on March 10, 2006, in Hammersmith and Fulham, London. Sadly, Derek passed away in January 2024 at the age of 56 after a lengthy COVID health battle.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
Kate Garraway Facts
- Her father was a civil servant while her mother was a teacher.
- In 1994, she joined the South edition of ITV News Central on ITV Central as a production journalist, reporter, and news presenter.
- Garraway worked as a co-presenter of the South East edition of ITV News Meridian on ITV Meridian in 1996 after she was scouted by a boss who viewed her while she was presenting a three-minute bulletin on ITV Central.
- In 1998, she joined the Sunrise on Sky News alongside Martin Stanford.
- In 2000, she became the co-presenter on GMTV Today with Andrew Castle. Later on, she started sharing presenting duties with Fiona Phillips and Emma Crosby. Shortly after GMTV was relaunched in 2009, Garraway began co-hosting the program with Ben Shephard.
- On August 31, 2010, Garraway presented her final show on GMTV.
- In 2004, she presented Too Many Cooks and in 2007, she was the questioner of The People’s Quiz. In 2009, Garraway presented The Biggest Loser for ITV but she was later replaced by Davina McCall.
- She was a regular panelist on Wall of Fame hosted by David Walliams.
- In September 2010, she became an entertainment editor of Daybreak on ITV Breakfast. On March 3, 2014, it was reported that Daybreak would be replaced with Good Morning Britain. But, the changes led to Garraway no longer presenting on Kelly’s shows on Fridays.
- From March 2014 to November 2016, she occasionally presented The National Lottery Draws on BBC One.
- In September 2017, she made a cameo appearance in Hollyoaks.
- In November 2019, it was announced that she would be participating in the 19th series of I’m a Celebrity..Get Me Out of Here.
- She appeared in the 5th season of Strictly Come Dancing in 2007 alongside professional dancer Anton du Beke. She finished 8th of the 14 couples amidst receiving the lowest score from the judges each week as she was repeatedly saved by votes prior to her elimination in the 7th week.
- In February 2008, she launched legal action against the Sunday Mirror after it published a photograph of her where she can be seen embracing du Beke, fueling up rumors that she was having an affair with him, which they both denied.
- She is a charity ambassador for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- On March 9, 2017, she released her first book titled The Joy of Big Knickers.
- In April 2021, she released a new book titled The Power of Hope.
- In June 2023, Kate was awarded an MBE by Prince William at Windsor Castle.
Featured Image by Christopher William Adach / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0