|Kate McKinnon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 06, 1984|
Kathryn McKinnon Berthold
Sea Cliff, New York City, United States
Kate McKinnon went to the North Shore High School and graduated in 2002.
She then got enrolled at the Columbia University to graduate in 2006 with a major in theater.
Actress, comedian, and impressionist
- Father – Michael Thomas Berthold (Architect) (He passed away when Kate was 18 years old)
- Mother – Laura Campbell (Parent Educator)
- Siblings – Emily Berthold (Younger Sister)
- Others – William K. Berthold (Paternal Grandfather), Evelyn Frances Sickinger (Paternal Grandmother)
Kate McKinnon is represented by Principato-Young Entertainment.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kate McKinnon has dated
- Marla Mindelle – As Kate doesn’t have any social media account and prefers to keep her private life away from the limelight, the exact start of her relationship with Broadway actress Marla Mindelle isn’t known. Some sources report that their first public appearance as a couple was at Broadway Prom in 2013. Whereas, there are some tabloids that claim that their first official date was in 2014 as Marla was her date for the Emmy Awards held that year. As their public appearances as a couple have been sporadic, it can’t be confirmed whether they are still dating or not.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German, Swiss-German and Scottish ancestry on her father’s side.
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Kate McKinnon has been seen in adverts for –
- MasterCard’s MasterPass
- FIJI Water
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being a regular cast member of the popular comedy show, Saturday Night Live.
- Her outstanding impersonation of celebrities such as Hillary Clinton, Kellyanne Conway, and Justin Bieber.
In 2010, Kate was first seen in the short film Mr. Ross for her role as Debby.
However, in January 2012, Kate made her feature film debut in a supporting role in the comedy movie, My Best Day.
First TV Show
From 2007 to 2010, Kate was seen in The Big Gay Sketch Show, which is an LGBT-themed sketch comedy show.
Kate’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Marvin Lara Favorite Things
- Sad Song – Stop This Train by John Mayer
- Movie With Great Ending – In America (2002)
- Foreign Country To Live – Italy
- Superpower – Power to stop time
- Olympic Sport – Running
Source – Marie Claire
Kate McKinnon Facts
- If she hadn’t become a comedian and actress, she would have loved to become a carpenter and live in the forest.
- In her interviews, she calls the decision to audition for Saturday Night Live as her most agonizing decision. The reason she gave was that she was already in contract with another show.
- She has also worked as an umpire at little league softball games. In fact, she earned her first dollar from that job. She was fired after a few games as she didn’t have a clear knowledge of the rules.
- In her struggling days, she used to do live sketch comedy at New York’s Upright Citizens Brigade. It was an unpaid job and she did it for 5 years.
- When she joined the cast of Saturday Night Live, she became the first openly lesbian cast member of the show. Overall, she was the third gay person to join the show.
- While studying in university, she was a member of the student comedy group, Prangstgrüp, which was notorious for setting up and recording college pranks.
- She is quite a talented musician and can play cello, piano, and guitar.
- She has adopted a pet cat named, Nino Positano, which is also the name of the pizzeria where she found the cat in.
- To bag the work in the Big Gay Sketch Show, she had to overcome competition from thousands of participants during the auditions.
- While studying at Columbia University, she started a comedy group named Tea Party, which was predominantly geared towards musical comedy.
- She decided to use her middle name (McKinnon) in her stage name (Kate McKinnon) because she felt it made her stage name ‘gentler.’
- She was so shocked at winning an Emmy Award for supporting actress in comedy series category that she blacked out and didn’t remember anything from the award ceremony itself.
- She can do the hula hoop.
- She doesn’t have any social media account.