Katherine Anne Couric
Arlington, Virginia, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Katie completed her schooling from Arlington Public Schools, viz.,
- Jamestown Elementary,
- Williamsburg Middle School, and
- Yorktown High School.
Later, in 1975, she joined the University of Virginia and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in American Studies in 1979.
Journalist, podcaster, documentary filmmaker, entrepreneur, and author
- Father – John Martin Couric (Public Relations Executive, and News Editor at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the United Press in Washington, D.C.)
- Mother – Elinor Tullie (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Emily Couric (Older Sister) (Virginia Democratic State Senator), Clara Couric Batchelor (Older Sister), John M. Couric, Jr. (Older Brother)
- Others– Jeff Wadlow (Nephew) (Producer, Writer, and Director)
Katie Couric is managed by –
- Bradley Singer, Talent Agent, William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, USA.
- Matthew Hiltzik, Publicist, Hiltzik Strategies, New York City, New York, USA.
- Craig Jacobson, Legal Representative, Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller, LLP, Attorneys At Law, Beverly Hills, California, USA.
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie Couric has dated –
- Bob Saget – Katie once went on a date with stand-up comedian, actor, and television host, Bob Saget. However, she has revealed that he didn’t call her after their date.
- Jay Monahan (1989-1998) – Katie got married to John Paul “Jay” Monahan in 1989. Jay Monahan was a lawyer and NBC News legal analyst. Sadly, the marriage did not last as Jay passed away due to colon cancer in 1998 at the age of 42. She is blessed with two beautiful daughters from her marriage – Elinor Tully “Ellie” Monahan (born 1991) and Caroline “Carrie” Monahan (born 1996).
- John Molner (2012-Present) – Katie and John knew each other before marriage. John is an executive at the Chicago-based investment firm Brown Brothers Harriman and Co, where he is the head of Mergers & Acquisitions. John proposed to Katie over the Labor Day weekend in September 2013. They were already past a two-year relationship. They got married in front of 50 special friends and family members, in a private ceremony at the backyard of her home in East Hampton, New York on June 21, 2014. John has two children from his previous marriage – Henry Molner and Allie Molner.
Race / Ethnicity
Katie has French, English, Scottish, and German ancestry.
- Energetic attitude.
- Beautiful radiant smile.
- Signature right side hair parting in shoulder length hair.
Katie Couric has been featured in –
- BMW i3 Super Bowl 2015 TV Commercial, ‘Newfangled Idea’ Ft. Today Show Hosts.
- The 2011 Honorary National Chair of the National Parkinson Foundation’s Moving Day campaign.
- The National Hockey League’s Hockey Fights Cancer campaign.
Best Known For
- Reporting and hosting shows at several renowned television networks in the United States across ABC, CBS, and NBC. From 1989 to 2006, she was in NBC News, from 2006 to 2011 in CBS News, and from 2011 to 2014, she was a part of ABC News. She was also the Assignment Editor for CNN early on in her career.
- Co-hosting NBC’s The Today Show, anchoring the CBS Evening News, and working as a correspondent for 60 Minutes in CBS.
- Her book, The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons from Extraordinary Lives published in 2011 which became New York Times best-seller.
- Being inducted into the Television Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Being the founder of SU2C (Stand Up To Cancer) that aims to raise significant funds for translational cancer research through online and televised efforts.
In 2002, she made her debut as a prison guard in action adventure comedy film Austin Powers in Goldmember directed by Jay Roach.
First TV Show
In 1989, she made an appearance in the TV series The More You Know which is a public service announcement (PSA) broadcast program. The announcements were made on the NBC family of channels in the United States and other locations.
Katie Couric admits that she has gone a little out of the habit considering her earlier workout regimes. Katie has a busy schedule but she tries to make things work.
Her workout routines mainly include cardio exercises that increase her respiration and heart rate temporarily, weightlifting to tone up her muscles and spinning for her core and legs.
She also does yoga.
As for her diet, Katie follows portion control. Katie says she does not restrict herself from eating anything as long as it’s taken in moderation. Also, she gives her body enough rest to be able to function properly. With that in mind, she sleeps for 8 to 10 hours.
Katie Couric Favorite Things
- City – Paris
- Healthy Meal – Black bean burgers
- Sandwich – Tomato sandwich on Pepperidge Farm white bread with salt, pepper, and mayo
- Writers – Edith Wharton, Carson McCullers, Harper Lee, John Steinbeck, Philip Roth
- Fictional Hero – Mulan
Katie Couric Facts
- Her last name “Couric” is pronounced as KURR-ik.
- She was already interning at Washington, D.C. all-news radio station WAVA during her high school days.
- She was a member of Delta Delta Delta sorority at Boston University.
- Katie was a member of the high school cheerleader group.
- She can play the piano.
- Katie was named one of People Magazine’s ’25 Most Intriguing People of 2001′.
- Katie loves karaoke and can do a mean Patsy Cline.
- She has a killer vegetable garden.
- Her happy place is the beach at 5 p.m. when the people have left. She finds the lighting beautiful.
- She can’t stand people using bad grammar.
- She is addicted to puppies.
- Katie Couric has seen every S*x and the City episode at least 17 times.
- She has a framed photo of Colin Firth in her house.
- She is a close friend of Wendy Walker, an Emmy award-winning producer and author.
- Katie and her husband John launched a new web series Full Plate with Katie & John, appearing on the Sur La Table website in late 2016.
- Her fantasy husband is John Grisham.
- If she could change one thing about herself, it’d be to grow six inches more.
- The real heroes in her life are her parents, cancer researchers, and Dara Torres.
- If she had a time machine, she would go back to the Revolutionary War.
- Her style icons are Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly.
- Visit her official website @ katiecouric.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Image Editor / Flickr / CC BY 2.0