|Kavita Devi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1986|
Kavita Devi is an Indian weightlifter and professional wrestler who has emerged as a trendsetter in wrestling. She has become the first Indian female wrestler to have signed a professional contract with WWE. Before shifting her focus to wrestling, she had achieved a lot as a weightlifter. After having won multiple events on the national team, she reached the pinnacle by winning a gold medal at the 2016 South Asian Games. She has a mild social media fan base with more than 20k followers on Instagram.
Kavita Devi, Hard KD
Malvi, Julana, Jind District, Haryana, India
Kavita Devi went to the Girl’s Senior Secondary School in Julana. She eventually completed her college education as well and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Weightlifter, Professional Wrestler
- Father – Her father is a farmer.
- Siblings – Sandeep Dalal (Older Brother). Overall, she has 4 siblings.
Kavita Devi is signed up with WWE, Inc.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kavita Devi has dated –
- Gaurav Tomar (2009-Present) – Kavita Devi has been married to Gaurav Tomar since 2009. She has claimed in her interviews that her husband gave up his sporting career in a bid to assist Kavita in achieving success in her career.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Haryanvi ancestry.
Best Known For
- Being the first Indian female wrestler to compete in WWE wrestling promotion
- Having won a gold medal in the 75 kg weightlifting category at the South Asian Games in 2016
First Wrestling Match
- In June 2016, she made her wrestling debut as she took on B. B. Bull Bull in Continental Wrestling Entertainment.
- In April 2018, Kavita Devi made her WWE debut at the Wrestlemania 34 as she competed in the first-ever WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal. She was eliminated from the match by Sarah Logan.
First TV Show
Apart from the telecast of the wrestling matches, Kavita Devi hasn’t appeared on any TV show yet.
Kavita Devi regularly hits the gym to keep her physique in top shape for her wrestling commitments. Her gym workout routine comprises of weightlifting exercises with a focus on barbell lifts and big Olympic lifts, and body weight exercises such as pushups. She also spends a lot of time practicing her in-ring skills, which serves as an excellent cardio.
Kavita backs her gym work by following a healthy and nutritious diet. She follows a completely vegetarian diet. She also consumes a lot of dairy food products for her protein intake.
- Finishing Moves
- Roundhouse kick
- Signature Moves
- Body Slam
- Big Boot
- German Suplex
- Electric Chair
- Gorilla Press Slam
- Missile Dropkick
Kavita Devi Favorite Things
- Inspiration – The Great Khali
- Food – Sooji Kheer, Halwa, Desi Ghee Churma, and Dalia
Kavita Devi Facts
- She took her early wrestling training from the former WWE wrestler, The Great Khali.
- After she signed a professional contract with WWE, she was trained by Sara Del Rey at the WWE Performance Center.
- She gained early exposure in her wrestling career by competing for Continental Wrestling Entertainment, which was started by The Great Khali.
- In August 2017, she participated in the Mae Young Classic tournament. However, she couldn’t go far in the tournament as she was eliminated in the 1st round itself by Dakota Kai.
- Kavita started her weightlifting career at the age of 20. She was initially encouraged by her brother, Sanjay Dalal to get into sports.
- She got to meet Khali in a chance meeting, which was arranged by her brother and husband.
- After the completion of her school education, she joined the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) on the sports quota. She was recruited as a constable.
- In 2010, she decided to leave her position of Sub Inspector of SSB so as to focus on her sporting career.
Featured Image by Kavita Devi / Instagram