Dalip Singh Rana
Nick Name / Ring Name
Giant Singh, Khali, The Great Khali, Dalip Singh, Dilbu, The Punjabi Nightmare, The Punjabi Playboy, The Punjabi Titan, The Prince of the Land of Five Rivers
Dhirana, Himachal Pradesh, India
Professional Wrestler, Actor, and former Powerlifter
7 ft 1 in or 216 cm (Current Height)
His peak height was 7 ft 3 in or 221 cm
On July 26, 2012, he underwent a brain surgery leading to 216 cm height and weight as 347 pounds as told by UPMC neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon, who led the surgical team.
157 kg or 347 pounds
Harminder Kaur (February 27, 2002 – Present)
Race / Ethnicity
His measurements are not revealed at any reliable source. So, these may / may not be correct.
- Chest – 63 in
- Arms – 25 in
- Calves – He has skinny legs (Maybe this is the reason he wears long pants during Wrestling)
It is not clear what shoe size he wears, as some sources say that he had worn a size 22 shoes in Bigg Boss Season 4. Here is the picture of his shoes.
Others say that he wears an 18 EEEE shoe size. Here is the source.
Khali had become brand Ambassador for Special Olympics for physically and mentally challenged persons in 2009. Also, Khali agreed to become the Indian Ambassador to China after an Indian diplomat was manhandled in China in 2012.
Best Known For
Professional Wrestling played at the United States
American sports comedy film The Longest Yard (2005) for his role as “Turley”
First TV Show
In 2010 he appeared in Bigg Boss (season 4) as Himself. It is a reality TV Show which aired on “Colors” Channel. He was a contestant who entered Bigg Boss’ house on 13th day as first Wild Card Entry and exited on 96th day.
APW (All Pro Wrestling) headquartered in California, USA
Khali Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Indian Punjabi Food, Eggs
- Favorite Comedian – Yakov Smirnoff
- Finishing moves
- Punjabi Plunge / Khali Bomb (Two-handed chokeslam)
- Vise Grip (Two-handed clawhold)
- Signature moves
- Big boot
- Brain chop
- Delayed scoop slam
- Kick to the head of a facedown opponent
- Leg drop
- Military press slam
- Nerve hold
- Repeated back elbow strikes to a cornered opponent
- Short–arm clothesline
- Slap to a cornered opponent’s chest, sometimes onto a charging or diving opponent
- Spin kick to an oncoming opponent
- The Great Khali had worked in a French movie Sur la piste du Marsupilami in 2012 for his role as “Bolo”.
- Unlike other famous wrestlers, Khali is the one who is very religious. So, he does not consume meat, alcohol, drugs, caffeine, tobacco.
- The name “The Great Khali” is derived from the Hindu goddess Kali, who is associated with eternal energy.
- Khali made his first appearance in professional wrestling on October 7, 2000 under the ring name Giant Singh.
- His parents are of normal size unlike Dalip Singh (or Khali). But, Khali’s grandfather was 6 ft 6 inches tall.
- Khali has 6 siblings. His father’s name is Jwala Ram and mother’s name is Tandi Devi.
- He debuted in Smackdown by beating The Undertaker on April 7, 2006.
- Khali had won the bodybuilding titles in 1997 and 1998 as Mr. India.
- Before entering professional wrestling, Dalip Singh was a Police Officer in Punjab State Police.
- As of 2012, he has appeared in 4 Hollywood films, 2 Bollywood films and 1 French film.
- On May 28, 2001, Brian Ong died after receiving a flapjack from Khali.
- On July 26, 2012, Khali underwent a brain surgery due to a tumor on his pituitary gland.