|Sona Mohapatra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1976|
Sona Mohapatra is an Indian singer and composer who is widely known for her song Ambarsariya which she sang for the film Fukrey in 2013. Sona made her debut in 2006 with the film Family in which she sang the song, Lori. She has also sung for the hit TV show Satyamev Jayate in 2012. Sona in 2007, recorded her own album with Sony Records titled Sona in which she has explored various styles of music like rock, rhythm and blues, Flamenco, Hindustani, Baul, and Romani music. Sona is a vocal personality who has always voiced for women empowerment and issues related to women.
Cuttack, Odisha, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sona has completed her graduation in Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering from the College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar, and later on did her MBA from Symbiosis Centre for Management & HRD, Pune.
Singer, Music Composer, Songwriter, Producer
- Father – Dilip Mohapatra (Retd. Naval officer)
- Mother – Nayantara Mohapatra
- Siblings – Madhumita Mohapatra (Older Sister), Tina Mohapatra (Younger Sister)
Rock, Rhythm and Blues, Flamenco, Hindustani, Baul, and Romani
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sona has dated –
- Ram Sampath (2005-Present) – Ram and Sona met in 2002 and tied the knot in the year 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
Sona Mohapatra Favorite Things
- Jewelry – Earrings
- Hashtag – #Lovemylife
Sona Mohapatra Facts
- Her father was an officer in the Indian Navy and hence she has lived in various cities during her childhood.
- Before becoming a singer, she worked as the brand manager in Marico.
- She has been involved in various controversies.
- Sona got her breakthrough when she sang jingles for 2 television commercials.
- She owns a music studio along with her husband called OmGrown Music.
- Sona has been very vocal on issues related to women.
- She became extremely famous after her song Mujhe Kya Bechega Rupaiya became an instant success in the show Satyamev Jayate.
Featured Image By Sona Mohapatra / Instagram