|The Great Khali Quick Info|
|Height||7 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1972|
The Great Khali is an Indian professional wrestler, wrestling promoter, and actor who is best known for his time in WWE. He made his professional wrestling debut in the year 2000 and previously served as an officer for the Punjab Police. Over the years, he has also been a part of a handful of shows and movies such as Bigg Boss, MacGruber, The Longest Yard, Pair of Kings, HOUBA! On the Trail of the Marsupilami, Ramaa: The Saviour, Get Smart, Outsourced, and Kushti.
Dalip Singh Rana
Nick Name / Ring Name
Giant Singh, Khali, The Great Khali, Dalip Singh, Dilbu, The Punjabi Nightmare, The Punjabi Playboy, The Punjabi Titan, The Prince of the Land of Five Rivers
Dhiraina, Himachal Pradesh, India
Professional Wrestler, Actor, and former Powerlifter
- Father – Jwala Ram
- Mother – Tandi Devi
- Siblings – He has 6 siblings.
7 ft 1 in or 216 cm (Current Height)
His peak height was 7 ft 3 in or 221 cm
On July 26, 2012, he underwent brain surgery leading to 216 cm height and weight as 347 pounds as told by UPMC neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon, who led the surgical team.
157 kg or 347 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
The Great Khali has dated –
- Harminder Kaur (2002-Present) – He got married to Harminder Kaur on February 27, 2002, and the duo has been blessed with a daughter named Avleen (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
His measurements are not revealed at any reliable source. So, these may / may not be correct.
- Chest – 63 in
- Arms – 25 in
- Calves – He has skinny legs (Maybe this is the reason he wears long pants during Wrestling)
It is not clear what shoe size he wears, as some sources say that he had worn size 22 shoes in Bigg Boss Season 4. Here is the picture of his shoes.
Others say that he wears an 18 EEEE shoe size. Here is the source.
Khali had become the brand Ambassador for Special Olympics for physically and mentally challenged persons in 2009. Also, Khali agreed to become the Indian Ambassador to China after an Indian diplomat was manhandled in China in 2012.
Best Known For
Professional Wrestling played in the United States
He made his first theatrical film appearance as Turley in the 2005 American sports comedy film The Longest Yard, starring Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, James Cromwell, Nelly, William Fichtner, and Burt Reynolds.
First TV Show
In 2010, he appeared in Bigg Boss (season 4) as Himself. It is a reality TV Show which aired on the “Colors” Channel. He was a contestant who entered Bigg Boss’ house on the 13th day as the first Wild Card Entry and exited on the 96th day.
APW (All Pro Wrestling) headquartered in California, United States
Khali Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Indian Punjabi Food, Eggs
- Favorite Comedian – Yakov Smirnoff
- Finishing moves
- Punjabi Plunge / Khali Bomb (Two-handed chokeslam)
- Vise-Grip (Two-handed claw hold)
- Signature moves
- Big boot
- Brain chop
- Delayed scoop slam
- Kick to the head of a facedown opponent
- Leg drop
- Military press slam
- Nerve hold
- Repeated back elbow strikes to a cornered opponent
- Short–arm clothesline
- Slap to a cornered opponent’s chest, sometimes onto a charging or diving opponent
- Spin kick to an oncoming opponent
- The Great Khali had worked in a French movie Sur la piste du Marsupilami in 2012 for his role as “Bolo”.
- Unlike other famous wrestlers, Khali is one who is very religious. So, he does not consume alcohol, drugs, caffeine, tobacco, etc.
- The name “The Great Khali” is derived from the Hindu goddess Kali, who is associated with eternal energy.
- Khali made his first appearance in professional wrestling on October 7, 2000, under the ring name Giant Singh.
- His parents are of normal size unlike Dalip Singh (or Khali). But, Khali’s grandfather was 6 ft 6 inches tall.
- He debuted in Smackdown by beating The Undertaker on April 7, 2006.
- Khali had won the bodybuilding titles in 1997 and 1998 as Mr. India.
- Before entering professional wrestling, Dalip Singh was a Police Officer in Punjab State Police.
- On May 28, 2001, Brian Ong died after receiving a flapjack from Khali.
- He brought to life the character of Vali in the 2010 Disney fantasy action-adventure film Ramaa: The Saviour. He co-starred in the film alongside Sahil Khan, Tanushree Dutta, and Meghan Jadhav.
- Alongside Rajpal Yadav, Om Puri, Sharat Saxena, Manoj Joshi, and Nargis Bagheri, he co-starred in the 2010 Hindi-language comedy film Kushti. This film marked his Bollywood debut.
- Khali was cast as Bolo/”Petite Voix” in the 2012 Franco-Belgian CGI animated/live-action comedy film Houba! On the Trail of the Marsupilami (original title: Sur la piste du Marsupilami), based on the comics series Marsupilami created by André Franquin.
- On July 26, 2012, Khali underwent brain surgery due to a tumor on his pituitary gland.