|Kay Cannon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1974|
Kay Cannon has earned a reputation for being one of the finest comedic brains in Hollywood. Her work as a scriptwriter has helped her win several accolades and huge critical acclaim. Her TV shows 30 Rock and New Girl have a huge fan following. Also, her debut directorial venture Blockers was a huge commercial success.
Kathryn E. Cannon
Kay, Kay Bo
Illinois, United States
Kay Cannon graduated from Reed-Custer High School. Then, she got enrolled at the Lewis University from where she graduated with a BA in Theatre and later earned MA in Education from the same.
Actress, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – John M. Cannon
- Mother – Rosemary Cannon
- Siblings – Paul Cannon (Brother), Vince Cannon (Brother), Matt Cannon (Brother), Luke Cannon (Brother), Stacie Cannon (Sister), Mary Cannon (Sister)
Kay Cannon is represented by Beverly Hills-based William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kay Cannon has dated –
- Jason Sudeikis (1999-2008) – Kay started dating actor and comedian, Jason Sudeikis in 1999. After having dated for about 5 years, they got married in June 2004, in a small and romantic wedding ceremony. But about 4 years later, their marriage collapsed as they decided to separate in 2008. Their divorce was finalized in March 2010.
- Eben Russell (2012-Present) – In 2012, Kay Cannon got married to comedy writer, Eben Russell in a low key wedding ceremony. She gave birth to their daughter, Evelyn Rose “Leni” Russell, in October 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has often been seen with blonde highlights.
Kay Cannon has used her social media activity to promote products such as Kypris, a skincare brand.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Writing the scripts for the popular Pitch Perfect movie series
- Having served as a producer and writer of the satirical sitcom, 30 Rock
- Serving as the co-executive producer and writer for the popular FOX comedy TV series, New Girl
In 2001, she made her theatrical film debut in the horror mystery movie, The Shaft, but her role in the movie went uncredited.
Her first credited theatrical film appearance came in the crime mystery movie, Mystery Team, which was released in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2007, Kay Cannon made her first TV show appearance on the comedy series, 30 Rock.
Kay Cannon regularly works out at the Barry’s Bootcamp to keep herself in the right shape. The focus in the gym is on cardio and strength interval workouts. Overall, a high intensity is sustained to ensure best gains and results.
Apart from cardio and weight lifting exercises, she also includes bodyweight exercises in the workout to make it more dynamic.
Kay Cannon Favorite Things
- NFL Team – Chicago Bears
Source – IMDb
Kay Cannon Facts
- Early in her career, she took extensive training in improv from established improv groups and theaters such as The Second City, ImprovOlympic, and ComedySportz.
- In 1999, she became a cast member of the professional ensemble, ComedySportz. She was also a part of The Second City, which performed in Chicago and Las Vegas.
- While she was performing and writing for Chicago based theatres, she met actress Tina Fey, who had also trained with The Second City. It proved to be a turning point in her career.
- When Tina Fey started working on the NBC sitcom, 30 Rock, she decided to hire Cannon as a member of the writing staff. She eventually managed to rise to the position of the supervising producer.
- For her work in 30 Rock, she won the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Comedic Series on 3 occasions.
- With the success of 30 Rock, Kay decided to move her base from New York City to Los Angeles. Another factor that influenced her move was an overall development deal with 20th Century Fox.
- As part of her deal with Fox, she was tasked with the development of the comedy TV series, New Girl.
- While studying in university, she was an All-American Track Athlete.
- In 2018, she made her directorial debut with the comedy movie, Blockers, which had John Cena, Leslie Mann, Ike Barinholtz, and Kathryn Newton in the leading roles. The movie was a huge commercial success with the box office collection of $93 million worldwide.
- Follow Kay Cannon on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Kay Cannon / Instagram