|Keegan Petersen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1993|
|Spouse||Kailynne Casey Petersen|
Keegan Petersen is a South African professional cricketer who has represented his country in the test match format of the sport, as a top-order batter. In the South African domestic circuit, he has played for the provincial and franchise teams Boland (2011-12–2016-17), Cape Cobras (2014-15–2016-17), Knights (2016-17–2019-20), Northern Cape (2017-18–2019-20), Dolphins (2020-21), and KwaZulu-Natal (2021–22-Present) across all 3 formats.
Keegan Darryl Petersen
Paarl, Western Cape Province, South Africa
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa
- Father – Dirk Petersen (Teacher)
Right-Arm Leg Break
Top Order Batter
93 – Test Match
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keegan has dated –
- Kailynne Casey Petersen – Through his marriage to a law graduate named Kailynne, Keegan has a son named Blake Thomas Petersen (b. November 18, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South African descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Keegan Petersen Facts
- He had first come into the spotlight in the 2013-14 domestic season of cricket in South Africa when he was the leading run-scorer in the first-class three-day competition. He had amassed 965 runs at an average of 48.25 including a knock of 225 runs not out which was the highest score in the competition that season. For his performances, he had been named the ‘Three-Day Cricketer of the Year’ at CSA‘s (Cricket South Africa, the governing body for the sport in the country) annual awards ceremony.
- After several seasons grinding in the domestic circuit, he had made the selectors take notice through his performances in the 2018-19 domestic season. He was the leading run-scorer in the season’s CSA 4-Day Franchise Series, amassing 923 runs in just 9 matches.
- This performance had helped him get selected in South Africa’s squad for their home test series against England, in December 2019. This was the first time that he had been included in a senior national squad. However, he was unable to break into the playing XI during the series.
- In December 2020, he had been named in South Africa’s test match squad for their home series against Sri Lanka. However, he had to be withdrawn from the squad after he had tested positive for COVID-19.
- In January 2021, he had again been named in South Africa’s test match squad, for their away series against Pakistan. However, he was, again, unable to break into the playing XI during the series.
- In May 2021, he had been added to South Africa’s test match squad for their away series against the West Indies. In June 2021, he had made his international debut in the first test of the series against the West Indies. Although South Africa cruised to a 2-0 win in the 2-match series, it was a painful welcome to test cricket for Keegan on a personal level as he could only manage a paltry aggregate of 44 runs in the 3 innings that he had played in the series.
- He had chosen ’93’ as his test match shirt number (the practice of adding numbers to the backs of test match shirts was started only in August 2019) to reflect his year of birth, 1993.
Featured Image by Keegan Petersen / Instagram