|Kelly McGillis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1957|
Kelly McGillis is an American actress who is perhaps best known for her portrayal of Rachel Lapp in Witness (1985), Charlie in Top Gun (1986), and Kathryn Murphy in The Accused (1988). Besides that, she has appeared in more than 2 dozen shows and films including Private Sessions (1985), Made in Heaven (1987), The Monkey’s Mask (2000), and Z Nation (2014).
Kelly Ann McGillis
Newport Beach, California, United States
Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
Kelly attended the Newport Harbor High School. Later, she started going to the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts at the Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria.
Later, in 1983, she completed her acting training at the prestigious Juilliard School.
- Father – Dr. Donald Manson McGillis (Doctor)
- Mother – Virginia Joan (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Karen McGillis (Younger Sister), Kathleen McGillis (Younger Sister)
Kelly is represented by David Williams Management, Llc.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Kelly’s named has been linked with –
- Boyd Black (1978-1981) – She married Boyd Black in 1979 but legally parted ways with him in 1981.
- Barry Tubb (1986-1987)
- Jodie Foster – (1988)
- Don Yesso
- Whitney Houston (1988)
- Fred Tillman – (1988-2002) – Kelly was married to Fred Tillman from 1989 to 2002. During that time, they had 2 daughters named, Sonora Ashley Tillman and Kelsey Lauren Tillman.
- Melanie Leis (2000-2012) – Sales executive Melanie Leis and Kelly entered into a civil union in 2010. They had met one another at her “Caribbean Bar Grill & Brewery” in Key West, Florida.
Race / Ethnicity
Kelly has Scottish and Irish descent on her father’s side and German, English, and Welsh ancestry on her mother’s side.
Salt & Pepper
Due to her age, Kelly’s hair has started turning white.
- Short shoulder length hair
- Alluring eyes
Kelly McGillis Facts
- She was brought up in Los Angeles, California.
- Kelly is the oldest of 3 siblings born to Virginia and Donald.
- In the year 1975, Kelly relocated to New York in order to be able to train acting at Juilliard School.
- Kelly’s apartment in New York was invaded by 2 young men in 1982 and she was raped, stabbed, and spat upon by the criminals. One of the accused was named Leroy Johnson, who was only 15 years old at the time.
- McGill’s got her breakthrough alongside legendary actor Harrison Ford in the film Witness in 1985.
- In 1986, she dominated the silver screen alongside Hollywood supernova Tom Cruise with her appearance as Charlotte Blackwood in Top Gun.
- The film The Accused which was released in 1988, was based on her own rape which happened in 1982.
- She starred in her first Broadway production Hedda Gabler in 1994 at the Roundabout Theatre Company.
- In 1986, Kelly was nominated for a BAFTA and Golden Globe Award.
- From 2001 to 2006, she had not starred in any show or film.
- During an interview with SheWired in April 2009, Kelly opened up about being a lesbian.
- In 2019, she was teaching acting at The New York Studio for Stage and Screen NYS3 in Asheville, North Carolina.
Featured Image By Fábio Santos / Instagram