|Ken Ring Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 29, 1979|
Ken Ring is a Swedish rapper, businessman, author, producer, and actor. He is best known for his studio albums Hip Hop (2009) which charted at number 9 on the Sverigetopplistan, Swedish national record chart, and AkustiKen (2013) which charted at number 25.
Ken Kiprono Ring
Hässelby, Stockholm, Sweden
He enrolled in Hässelbystrandskolan in Hässelby, Stockholm, Sweden 1993.
Rapper, Producer, Actor, Businessman, Author
- Father – Kenneth Ring (He worked at LO Runö school and at IF Metall)
- Mother – Rebecca (She died from cancer in 1992)
- Siblings – Diana (Sister). He has 2 other sisters.
- Others – He has 5 half-siblings.
Ken Ring is represented by Orlando John Agency (Talent Agent) in Stockholm, Sweden.
- EMI Svenska AB
- Pope Records
- Playground Music
- Tee Productions
- Masa Music
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ken Ring has dated –
- Camila – He was engaged to Camila in 2016. They have 4 children – sons Knaster and Kelian, and daughters Angelen and Rebecca.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
He is of Kenyan descent on his maternal side and of Swedish descent on his paternal side.
- Receding hairline
- Striking eyes
Ken Ring Facts
- His breakthrough song was titled Mamma, which he wrote about his mom who was battling cancer. It was released in 1999 and was followed by his debut studio album, Vägen tillbaka, released the same year.
- Ken went homeless after his mom’s death and lived on the subway between Hässelby and Hagsätra.
- Ken was arrested in 1999 for performing a song titled Spräng regeringen during a festival named Vattenfestivalen. The song’s lyrics described breaking into the Royal Palace in Stockholm and s*xually assaulting Princess Madeleine of Sweden.
- He was ostracized by the Swedish media after the song’s performance, even though he explained the lyrics of the song were rhetorical and fictitious. As a result, Ken Ring was allegedly dropped by his record label, EMI Svenska AB, but not before he released his 2nd studio album, Mitt hem blir ditt hem (2000). In 2016, he called the incident “The King’s Scandal” and claimed he decided to leave the label under pressure instead of being fired.
- Starting in 2000, Ken became known as an “underground rapper” e.g. a hip-hop artist that was unable to find a record label that would sign him.
- He has produced music for American rap groups Smif-N-Wessun and Heltah Skeltah.
- Ken has appeared in a low-budget film Blodsbröder (2005).
- He was sentenced for 6 months in prison in 2006 for “grievous fraud”. In the music video for his hit single, Det går bra nu, a fellow Swedish rapper Petters wore a t-shirt with «Free Ken Ring» printed on it. Unfortunately, their relationship turned sour afterward.
- Ken once claimed his 2007 album, Äntligen home, would be his last album ever. However, he released his best-charting album, Hip Hop, in 2009.
- Ken was an owner of a Kenyan youth soccer club K.R.A.C.K UNITED. He also owns a soccer academy in Mombasa, Kenya, as well as a cow factory and a hotel.
- Ken released his autobiography titled Livet (Life) on April 15, 2015, and co-wrote it with a journalist named Klas Ekman.
- In 2016, he lived in a 380 square meters or 4090.5 square foot brick villa in the residential area an hour outside of Hässelby. It had 11 rooms and it would have cost him 10 million SEK if it was located in Hässelby, by his admission.
- He comes from a family of alcoholics and has abused alcohol in the past. He also got in trouble with the law for driving under the influence.
- Ken is not the type of person who enjoys driving luxurious cars but has a sweet spot for drinking brandy and eating expensive cheese.
- In October 2016, he made history by being the 1st producer from Kenya that worked at the Tuff Gog studio in Kingston, Jamaica, belonging to late Bob Marley.
- He was once involved in a cocaine seizure and could’ve gotten an 8-year prison sentence.
Featured Image by Ken Ring / Instagram