|Kevin O’Leary Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1954|
Kevin O’Leary is a Canadian businessperson, entrepreneur, venture capital investor, author, politician, television presenter, and producer. He co-founded a software company named SoftKey Software Products in 1986 and became a multimillionaire after the company was acquired by Mattel in 1999. Over the years, Kevin has also been a part of several shows such as Shark Tank, The Neighbors, Grace and Frankie, Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series, and Dr. Ken. Moreover, he campaigned to be the leader of the Conservative Party of Canada in 2017.
Terence Thomas Kevin O’Leary
Kevin, Mr. Wonderful, Uncle Kevin
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Kevin O’Leary studied at Stanstead College and St. George’s School. Then, he attended the University of Waterloo and graduated with an honors bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies and Psychology in 1977.
Afterward, Kevin O’Leary received a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in entrepreneurship from the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario in 1980.
Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Venture Capital Investor, Author, Politician, Television Presenter, Producer
- Father – Terry O’Leary (Salesperson)
- Mother – Georgette (née Bukalam) (A small-business owner and investor)
- Siblings – Shane O’Leary (Brother)
- Others – Yusef/Joseph Deeb Bukalam/Abukalam/Bookalam (Maternal Grandfather), Akaber/Ahabur Koury/Courey (Maternal Grandmother), George Kanawaty (Stepfather) (Economist, Worked with the UN’s International Labour Organization)
Kevin O’Leary has been signed with United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $400 Million.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin O’Leary has dated –
- Linda O’Leary (1990-2011, 2013-Present) – He married Linda O’Leary in 1990 and she has served as the VP of Marketing for O’Leary Wines. The couple separated in 2011 but reunited after 2 years. They have been blessed with 2 children – a son named Trevor O’Leary (an engineer at Tesla) and a daughter named Savannah O’Leary (a multimedia producer and filmmaker in New York City).
Race / Ethnicity
Kevin O’Leary is of Irish descent on his father’s side and has Lebanese roots on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Receding hairline
- Often engages in royalty deals
Kevin O’Leary Favorite Things
- Ice Cream – Perfectly Chocolate vegan from Craig’s, Los Angeles
- School Subject – Environmental Studies
Source – Us Magazine
Kevin O’Leary Facts
- He was raised in the Town of Mount Royal, Quebec.
- His father was an alcoholic and his parents eventually divorced when Kevin was quite young.
- When he was 7 years old, Kevin O’Leary’s father passed away.
- His mother was a skilled investor who invested a 3rd of her weekly paycheque in large-cap, dividend-paying stocks and interest-bearing bonds, ultimately achieving high returns in her investment portfolio.
- Kevin O’Leary served as a co-host for the Discovery Channel’s Discovery Project Earth in 2008.
- He has been a supporter of same-s*x marriage, transgender rights, and the legalization and regulation of marijuana.
- He belongs to the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin, an international association of Burgundy wine enthusiasts.
- He has authored several books including Cold Hard Truth: On Business, Money & Life; The Cold Hard Truth on Men, Women, and Money: 50 Common Money Mistakes and How to Fix Them; and Cold Hard Truth on Family, Kids and Money.
- Owing to his paternal roots, O’Leary also holds Irish citizenship and has an Irish passport.
- Kevin O’Leary is a huge fan of the American professional football team New England Patriots.
- Some of his hobbies include photography and cooking.
- He has been an advocate of cryptocurrency investing and has owned coins in the cryptocurrencies Ether, Polygon, SOL, Bitcoin, and Pawthereum.
- Kevin O’Leary has supported assisted suicide.
- Kevin eats healthy most of the time such as nuts and raw vegetables and doesn’t eat carbohydrates in the evening.
- The most influential person in his life was his late mother Georgette. She taught him a lot about investing.
- He has a huge watch collection. However, he is not willing to pass on his collection to his children when he dies.
- Once a man in the men’s room in the airport told Kevin that he is an a**hole. However, Kevin wasn’t intimidated by that experience.
- Once on Shark Tank, a person pitched the idea of an Ionic Ear in which a Bluetooth device is implanted in the person’s ear via surgery. That was the strangest thing he had ever seen.
- Kevin O’Leary has done swimming with the real sharks.
- His favorite self-care treatment is to moisturize.
- Kevin has invested a big amount in the psychedelics like magic mushrooms.
- In his first investment, he had lost big money.
- “Don’t worry about what you want to be, worry about what you want to do”, this is the best advice he has received.
- Kevin has met the Target dog which is a Bullseye the bull terrier.
- Kevin has invested money in M.C. Squares reusable sticky notes and also uses them in his home-based office.
- Kevin is great at making Mediterranean salad with za’atar spice which is served with sous vide tenderloin.
- If he wasn’t into business/businessman, he would have been a photographer or chef.
Featured Image by Randstad Canada / Flickr / CC BY 2.0