|Kiesza Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1989|
Kiesza is a Canadian singer, songwriter, actor, model, fashion designer, video director, dancer, and multi-instrumentalist. She has released albums, extended plays, and tracks like Kiesza, Crave, Sound of a Woman, Dark Tales, Hideaway, Giant in My Heart, Phantom of the Dance Floor (ft. Philippe Sly), Sound of a Woman, Dearly Beloved, No Enemiesz, When Boys Cry, I Think That I Like You (with Tom Ferry), Love Me with Your Lie, Storm, All of the Feelings, Tectonic (with Tommy Trash), Sensuum Defectui, Sweet Love, and Bridged by a Lightwave (with deadmau5). After suffering several injuries in a car accident in Toronto in 2017, she took a couple of years off to recover.
Kiesa Rae Ellestad
Kiesza, Kiesza Szösi
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dancer, singer, songwriter, actor, model, fashion designer, video director
- Father – He was in the military.
- Siblings – She has a younger brother, who has worked in the Canadian navy.
Her career has been managed by –
- Samantha Kirby of WME Entertainment (North America)
- Tom Schroeder and Alex Hardee of CODA Agency (Europe)
House, electronic, EDM, pop, electropop
Vocals, guitar, keyboard, keytar, synthesizer
Lokal Legend, Island Records, Reverse Psycho Logic
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
Though, her modeling page claims her to be 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm.
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note – She had one boyfriend in the past according to her interview given to Vice (Noisey Blog).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Norwegian and Scottish ancestry on her father’s side.
Always ties her hair
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
Her shoe size is speculated to be 8.5 (US).
She became the face of Fendi’s fashion eyewear “Color Block.”
Best Known For
Her song “Hideaway” was released in 2014. This track was released as a part of her second album “Sound of a Woman.”
It ranked at #5 in Canadian music charts, #1 in Netherlands, Russia, UK, and Belgium.
She released the self-titled debut album Kiesza in 2008 independently. It didn’t chart anywhere in the top music albums list of the country.
She dances her way to fitness.
- Kiesza has worked as a “ballerina, sailor, jazz scholar, model, Naval Reservist, pop writer” in her past.
- Her surname “Ellestad” is Norwegian.
- At 15, her ballet career ended due to a knee injury.
- She was a part of the Sail and Life Training Society (SALTS) program at 16 years of age.
- Her mom and dad divorced when she was 18.
- She had also served as a Naval Communicator at Royal Canadian Navy. Her brother also works there.
- Kiesza taught herself to play guitar while working with the Canadian Navy.
- Kiesza also participated in the Miss Universe Canada pageant.
- In 2008, when she was in the Navy, she distributed about 4500 CDs to Canadian troops who were working in Afghanistan.
- She started songwriting at the age of 18. At that time, her parents got divorced too. Her parents’ divorce was the driving force for her to start songwriting.
- Her name is pronounced as “Kye-sa.”
- Kiesza has written numerous songs for Rihanna.
- On August 14, 2020, she released her 2nd studio album Crave which was described as a “1980s-inspired upbeat dance album” by CBC.ca. It included songs like All of the Feelings, Dance with Your Best Friend (ft. LICK DROP, Cocanina, and Shan Vincent de Paul), Run Renegade, Crave, When Boys Cry, Sky Ain’t the Limit, Can’t Be Saved, Love Never Dies, and Love Me with Your Lie. It peaked at number #81 on the UK Album Downloads (OCC) chart.