|Kim Jae-kyung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 24, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Jae-kyung is a South Korean actor, singer, and dancer who served as the leader of the South Korean girl group Rainbow, formed in 2009 by DSP Media. Rainbow has released albums, extended plays, and songs like Over the Rainbow, Rainbow Syndrome, Gossip Girl, So Girls, Innocent, Prism, Not Your Girl, Mach, A, Sweet Dream, Candy Girls, Gonna Gonna Go!, Tell Me Tell Me, Sunshine, Black Swan, and Aurora. In addition to that, Kim Jae-kyung has also been cast in several shows and movies which include Again My Life, The Devil Judge, Bad Papa, King of Mask Singer, The Secret Life of My Secretary, Life on Mars, Miracle That We Met, Get It Beauty, Madame Antoine: The Love Therapist, Way Station, Always Cantare 2, Turning Point, Family, Law of the Jungle W, My Lovely Girl, Quiz of God, The Genius: Rule Breaker, Inspiring Generation, Reply 1994, Dae Mul, Monster, Beauty Bible, Heartbeat, 100 Points Out of 100, Honey Jar, and Noble, My Love.
Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Kim Jae-kyung studied at Deungchon High School and then got enrolled at Dongduk Women’s University (DWU), where she majored in Fashion Design.
Actor, Singer, Dancer
- Siblings – Kim Jae-hyun (also known as Jaehyun) (Younger Brother) (Actor, Model, Musician, Singer, Drummer, Member of the South Korean band N.Flying)
Kim Jae-kyung has been signed with Namoo Actors, Talent Management Agency, Seoul, South Korea.
Vocals, Flute, Piano
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Jae-kyung is of Korean descent.
- Pierced ears
- Charming smile
She has done endorsement work for brands such as FILA KOREA.
Kim Jae-kyung Facts
- Before signing with DSP Media, she was a trainee under JYP Entertainment.
- In 2010, Kim Jae-kyung made a cameo appearance as a Girl Group Member in the drama film Heartbeat.
- With Rainbow, she released the group’s debut studio album titled Over the Rainbow on March 28, 2012. It was the group’s first major Japanese release and peaked at #10 on the Billboard Japan Top Albums chart.
- She appeared as Meiling in the 2014 period action romantic drama television series Inspiring Generation.
- Alongside Sung Hoon, Park Eun-seok, and Kim Dong Suk, Kim Jae-kyung co-starred as Cha Yoon-seo, a cheerful and lovely veterinarian who runs her own animal hospital, in the romantic comedy web series Noble, My Love in 2015.
- In 2018, she brought to life the character of Cha Ji-woo, daughter of Dr. Cha and Ji-cheol’s former partner who is a regional investigation unit detective, in the television family drama series Bad Papa. For this role, she bagged an MBC Drama Award in the “Best Supporting Actress in a Monday-Tuesday Drama” category.
- Kim Jae-kyung was cast as Veronica Park/Park Ok-sun, the CEO of the film production company named Cinepark and heiress of the Park Group, in the romantic comedy television series The Secret Life of My Secretary in 2019. This performance got her nominated for an SBS Drama Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- She is a fan of American singer-songwriter Beyoncé.
- She goes bike riding whenever she feels stressed.
- In 2021, Kim Jae-kyung played the supporting role of Oh Jin-joo, an associate judge on the Live Court Show who idolizes Yo-han, in the mystery legal drama television series The Devil Judge. The show is set in a dystopian version of South Korea.
Featured Image by KIYOUNG KIM / Flickr / CC BY 2.0