|Sung Hoon Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sung Hoon is a South Korean actor, model, host, singer, musician, DJ, and theatre artist. He has been a part of various shows including My Secret Romance, New Tales of Gisaeng, So I Married the Anti-fan, Law of the Jungle, The Birth of a Family, Faith, Level Up, The Bodyguard, Passionate Love, Five Enough, Oh My Venus, I Live Alone, The Idolmaster KR, 6 Persons Room, Jugglers, My Secret Star, Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education, The Sound of Your Heart: Reboot, Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce), I Picked Up a Celebrity on the Street, Let’s Go! Dream Team Season 2, Carefree Travellers, and Noble, My Love.
Sung Hoon, Bang Sung-hoon (Legal Name), DJ Roiii
Nam District, Daegu, South Korea
Sung Hoon studied at Kyungwoon Middle School and Dalseong High School in Daegu. Afterward, he got enrolled at Yong In University, majoring in Sociology and Physical Education.
During his university years, he was a swimming champion, specializing in butterfly stroke.
Actor, Model, Host, Singer, Musician, Theatre Artist, DJ
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Sung Hoon is of Korean descent.
Sung Hoon Facts
- During his younger years, he was greatly involved in the sport of swimming and swam for 14 years until he was forced to quit because of a spinal injury.
- After he enlisted into the military, Sung Hoon was sent home early due to his spinal injury.
- He has also worked as a swimming trainer.
- As a DJ, he has worked under the pseudonym “Roiii”.
- Alongside Im Soo-hyang and Han Hye-rin, Sung Hoon co-starred as Ah Da-mo, a cocky 2nd-generation chaebol with his own set of daddy issues, in the 2011 television romantic drama series New Tales of Gisaeng. This role won him the “New Star Award” at the SBS Drama Awards in 2011.
- In 2016, he was cast as Kim Sang-min, a model turned professional golfer who is Yeon-tae’s love interest, in the family comedy television series Five Enough. For this performance, Sung Hoon bagged the KBS Drama Award for “Best New Actor” in 2016 as well as was nominated for an APAN Star Award in the “Excellence Actor in a Serial Drama Award” category and KBS Drama Award in the “Best Couple Award” category (with Shin Hye-sun).
- Sung Hoon started appearing in the entertainment program I Live Alone in 2017 and this project has won him accolades like MBC Entertainment Awards for “Best Entertainer in Variety Category (Male)” in 2018, “Excellence Award in Variety Category (Male)” in 2019, and “Top Excellence Award in Variety Category (Male)” in 2020.
- In 2017, he brought to life the character of Cha Jin-wook (Gino Cha), a prickly 2nd generation chaebol and director of a company owned by his dad, in the romantic comedy television series My Secret Romance. He co-starred in the show alongside Song Ji-eun, Kim Jae-young, and Jung Da-sol.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Tae-sung, Tae-joo’s twin brother who holds high rank in a crime organization, in the 2018 action crime film Brothers in Heaven.
- Sung Hoon served as an Honorary Ambassador for the 18th FINA World Championships Gwangju 2019.
- In 2020, he received the Commercial Star Award at the MTN Ad Festival Awards.
- He played Seung Jae in the romantic fantasy film Are You in Love? in 2020.
- He is an introvert.
- In 2021, Sung Hoon was seen as a lawyer named Pan Sa-hyeon in the 1st and 2nd seasons of the drama series Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce).
Featured Image by Xportsnews / soompi.com / CC BY-SA 4.0