|Kim Jong-hyeon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Jong-hyeon is a South Korean singer, rapper, songwriter, musician, dancer, actor, performer, and television personality who rose to acclaim as the leader, main dancer, and main rapper of the South Korean boy group NU’EST. NU’EST debuted on March 15, 2012, with the single titled Face and later disbanded on March 15, 2022. The band’s discography also includes other tracks, albums, and extended plays like Canvas, Re:Birth, Bridge the World, Action, Happily Ever After, Romanticize, I’m in Trouble, Drive, The Nocturne, Good Bye Bye, Needle & Bubble, Sleep Talking, Hello, The Table, Bridge the World, Love Paint (Every Afternoon), Inside Out, Love Me, A Song for You, and Bet Bet. In addition to that, Kim Jong-hyeon has also been a part of a variety of shows and movies which include the likes of Their Distance, Let Me Be Your Knight, Lonely Gourmet: Taipei, Produce 101 Season 2, Shadow Singer, Night Goblin, Master Key, Law of the Jungle in Patagonia, For The First Time in My Life, Battle Trip, Two Yoo Project: Sugar Man Season 2, Happy Together Season 4, Surfer Junior, King of Mask Singer, Not the Same Person You Used to Know, Love Catcher, Stars’ Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant, and There Is No House for Us in Seoul.
JR, National Leader, Bangkok City Boy, JTBC’s Son, Wartortle, Lee Shin
Gangneung, Gangwon, South Korea
Kim Jong-hyeon attended Hanyang University‘s Institute for Future Talents.
Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Musician, Dancer, Actor, Performer, Television Personality
- Siblings – He has 2 older sisters.
Kim Jong-hyeon has been signed with –
- Pledis Entertainment (2012-2022)
- Evermore Entertainment
Pledis Entertainment, Evermore
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Jong-hyeon is of Korean descent.
Kim Jong-hyeon Favorite Things
- Part Of His Body – Eyes
- Colors – Black, Yellow, Green
Kim Jong-hyeon Facts
- His stage name “JR” stands for “Junior Royal”.
- Kim Jong-hyeon became Pledis Entertainment’s first male trainee.
- He debuted as the main rapper, leading dancer, and leader of the boy band NU’EST on March 15, 2012.
- His fellow NU’EST bandmates included Aron, Baekho, Minhyun, and Ren.
- With NU’EST, Kim Jong-hyeon released the band’s first Korean-language studio album Re:Birth on July 9, 2014, and it peaked at #5 on the Gaon Album Chart.
- Along with Ren, Fumiko Aoyagi, Minhyun, Hanae Kan, Haruka Kinami, and Tateto Serizawa, he co-starred as Yoo Ji-woo (ユ・ジウ) (Suna’s boyfriend who is also in love with Kanako) in the 2015 Japanese independent film Their Distance.
- Kim Jong-hyeon received the Fan N Star Hall of Fame Award at the Fact Music Awards in 2018.
- In 2019, he won the Korea First Brand Award in the “Male Idol Variety Star” category.
- NU’EST‘s 2nd and final full-length studio album Romanticize was released on April 19, 2021, and it peaked at #2 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart and at #5 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
- From 2021 to 2022, Kim Jong-hyeon brought to life the character of Lee Shin in the musical romantic comedy-drama television series Let Me Be Your Knight. His co-stars for the project included Jung In-sun, Lee Jun-young, Jang Dong-joo, Kim Dong-hyun, and Yoon Ji-sung.
- As a solo artist, he released his first mini album titled Meridiem on November 8, 2022, through Evermore Entertainment and it included songs like Lights, Creator, Blaze, and others.
- His specialties include writing lyrics and speaking Japanese.
- Kim Jong-hyeon has credited Eminem as one of his role models.
- Previously, he did not like his singing voice.
- His fans are called Bugidans.
- He dislikes eating tomatoes and can also not eat spicy food. He enjoys eating chicken.
- Kim Jong-hyeon is an avid gamer and is also a huge fan of anime.
- He likes having black hair.
Featured Image by 디스패치 / Dispatch / YouTube / CC BY 3.0