|Kim Porter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Porter was an American model and actress who was distinguished for her lithe frame, long beautiful hair, big smile, and for being a high-end fashion model. She was the ex-girlfriend of rap mogul Sean Combs and mother to actor Quincy Brown, Christian, and twin daughters D’Lila Star and Jessie James. Kim also made her mark as an actress starring in many films like The Brothers (2001), The System Within (2006), and Mama I Want to Sing (2011). She had also appeared on the cover of magazines such as Runway and Essence.
Kim was born on December 16, 1971.
Kim was found dead at the age of 46 on November 15, 2018, at her home in Toluca Lake, California, United States. According to reports, she suffered from a cardiac arrest due to a chest infection caused by pneumonia.
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Kim attended Columbus High School until she graduated in 1988.
- Mother – Sarah L. Porter (d. 2014)
Kim was represented by Cinematic Management.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim had dated –
- Al B. Sure (1989 to 1990) – Kim and Al B. Sure got married in 1989. However, the two had a short-lived relationship that ended in the following year in 1990. The relationship resulted in Kim having her first child, a boy named Quincy Brown (b. June 1991).
- Sean Combs (1994-1999, 2003-2007) – Rapper Sean Combs and Kim met for the first time during the 1990s when she walked into his studio alongside her ex-boyfriend Al B. Sure. However, they didn’t start dating until May 1994. Sean later adopted her son Quincy Brown and later, had their first child together, son Christian Casey Combs (b. 1998). But shortly after the birth of Christian, in 1999, the couple broke up after Kim got the news that he was cheating on her with singer Jennifer Lopez. Later, in 2003, the two settled their differences and got back together after which they had 2 more children, twin daughters D’Lila Star and Jessie James (b. December 21, 2006). Finally, in 2007, after not being able to keep up with Sean’s cheating ways, she left him for good.
Race / Ethnicity
She had African-American ancestry.
- Wide smile
- Lean physique
Best Known For
- Being Sean Combs’ ex-girlfriend and mother of actor Quincy Brown, Jessie James Combs, and D’Lila Star Combs
- Starring in several films such as The Brothers (2001), The System Within (2006), and Mama I Want to Sing (2011)
- Portraying the role of Violet Walker on the TV show Wicked Wicked Games from 2006 to 2007
Kim made her theatrical film debut as Sandra the Temp in the comedy-drama movie The Brothers in 2001.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the TV series E! True Hollywood Story in 2006.
Kim Porter Facts
- She was born and raised in Columbus, Georgia. Later, she moved to Atlanta to pursue her career in modeling.
- She had once been a debutante.
- Kim founded the group called Three Brown Girls.
- When she moved away from Sean Combs, she took everything with her from the pots and plants to the cars.
- In 2013, Dawn Drago, who was the former nanny filed a case against Kim for the abuse of drugs such as marijuana in front of her children. The nanny also stated that she was in possession of clear pills, and some sort of white powder.
- She had penned down the lyrics for Jodeci’s Forever My Lady (1991).
- In May 2018, just a couple of months before her death, she uploaded a picture to her Instagram praying to live to the age of 94 just as her grandmother did.
- Connect with Kim on Instagram.
Featured Image by Kim Porter / Instagram