|Kimberley Walsh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1981|
Kimberley Walsh is an English singer, songwriter, model, variety performer, television presenter, actor, and dancer who rose to acclaim as a member of the English-Irish pop girl group Girls Aloud, formed through the ITV talent show Popstars: The Rivals in 2002. The girl group went on to release albums and songs such as What Will the Neighbours Say?, Tangled Up, Sound of the Underground, Out of Control, Jump, Something Kinda Ooooh, Long Hot Summer, Biology, I Think We’re Alone Now, Can’t Speak French, The Promise, Call the Shots, Beautiful ‘Cause You Love Me, and Chemistry. In addition to that, Walsh has also been a part of projects such as This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper, The Book Tower, The Friday Night Project, Dream, Horrid Henry: The Movie, Strictly Come Dancing, The Great Sport Relief Bake Off, Weekend Brunch, Ackley Bridge, and Loose Women. In 2009, she was ranked at number #37 in FHM‘s annual list of “100 S*xiest Woman in the World”.
Kimberley Jane Walsh
Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Barnet, North London, England, United Kingdom
Kimberley went to Sandy Lane Primary School, Stoney Lee Middle School, and Beckfoot Grammar School in Bingley, West Yorkshire.
To hone her acting skills, she also attended Stage 84 (Bradford-based theatre school).
Singer, songwriter, actor, model, TV presenter, dancer, variety performer
- Father – John Walsh
- Mother – Diane Walsh
- Siblings – Amy Walsh (Younger Sister) (Actress), Adam Walsh (Younger Brother), Sally Walsh (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Tom (Maternal Grandfather), Joan (Maternal Grandmother)
Walsh has been signed with –
- Shaw Thing Management
- Intertalent Rights Group, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop, R&B, musical theatre
Polydor, Fascination Records, Decca Records
Her net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kimberley Walsh has dated –
- Louis Smith – Reportedly, she was romantically involved with retired British artistic gymnast Louis Smith in the past.
- Justin Scott (2002-Present) – Kimberley started dating English actor and former member of boyband Triple 8, Justin Scott in 2002 when she won Popstars: The Rivals. The pair got engaged in November 2014 and welcomed their first child, Bobby (son) on September 4, 2014. The couple married on January 30, 2016, and they have also been blessed with 2 more sons.
Race / Ethnicity
Kimberley Walsh is of English and Irish descent.
Brown hair and green eyes
34-26-36 in or 86-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has endorsed brands like Schwarzkopf, Puma AG BodyTrain fitness toner wear, Right Guard’s Xtreme Dry Range, SlimFast, etc.
As a part of Girls Aloud, she had appeared in the Sunsilk commercial.
As a kid, she first appeared in a George for ASDA commercial alongside her older sister Sally.
Best Known For
Her contribution to the 5-member English-Irish pop girl group, Girls Aloud from 2002 to 2013.
As she was a part of the girl group, Girls Aloud (now defunct), her first album was Sound of the Underground, which was released on May 26, 2003, by Polydor Records. The album was certified as “Platinum” in the UK and they were able to sell 368,000 copies of the album. It charted at #2 in the UK, #6 in Ireland, and #53 in the Netherlands.
As a solo artist, Kimberley released her debut album Centre Stage on February 4, 2013, via Decca Records. It reached #18 in the UK, #99 in Ireland, and #23 in Scottish music charts.
Walsh has appeared in a lead role in a fly on the wall style documentary film Girls Aloud: Home Truths in 2005 as herself.
First TV Show
Kimberley has appeared in ITV’s children’s series The Book Tower in 1986 for her role as a small child.
Kimberley gave birth to her first child, Bobby Jay Scott in September 2014. She gained three stones during her pregnancy, which she had to lose. The first two stones came easily, but for the last one, all her efforts turned vain. Learn how she got rid of the baby weight.
In general, she goes running to stay in shape and work out (a combination of cardio and resistance training) three times a week.
Kimberley Walsh Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta
- Perfume – Marc Jacobs Woman Eau de Parfum
- Shop – Zara, Topshop, New Look, River Island
- Outfit – Sequin dress in The Promise video
Kimberley Walsh Facts
- Walsh started her career in 1986.
- Kimberley was previously a member of the girl group, Girls Aloud. The group was live from 2002 to 2013.
- She was discovered in the reality singing contest Popstars: The Rivals in 2002.
- Along with her three siblings, she was raised in Allerton, Bradford Metropolitan District.
- Out of 5 members, she was the fourth one to become a part of the pop girl group, Girls Aloud.
- In March 2009, she climbed Mount Kilimanjaro along with Cheryl Cole, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shephard, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Fearne Cotton, Ronan Keating, etc to raise money for the charity, Comic Relief.
- She has also modeled for the clothing retailer, New Look in August 2009. Lily Allen and Alexa Chung have also done so in the past.
- She started writing OK! magazine’s weekly column called “Kimberley Calls The Shots” in August 2010.
- She has also taught at theatre school, Stage 84 for some time.
- She had competed in BBC’s dance reality show Strictly Come Dancing in September 2012, which she finished as runner-up.
- On December 31, 2005, during a friend’s party, she was caught smoking cannabis.
- In 2009, she was included at #37 in the list of FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World”. In the same list, her then bandmates Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts, and Sarah Harding were ranked at #57, #58, and #87 respectively.
- In 2009, she won the Yorkshire Woman of the Year award for her contribution to the community and Breast Cancer Haven charity.