|Kimi Räikkönen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 17, 1979|
Kimi Räikkönen is a Finnish professional racing driver who won the 2007 Formula One World Championship; finished 2nd in 2003 and 2005; 3rd in 2008, 2012, and 2018, and is widely regarded as one of the most successful F1 drivers of all time. He has also dabbled in other motorsports, most notably leaving the Formula One circuit at the peak of his powers in 2009 to compete in the World Rally Championship from 2010 to 2011. In 2011, he also competed in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and the NASCAR Nationwide Series before returning to F1 in 2012.
Iceman, Raikka, Kimster
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Matti Räikkönen (d. 2010)
- Mother – Paula Räikkönen
- Siblings – Rami Räikkönen (Older Brother) (Professional Racing Driver)
- Others – Kristiina Räikkönen (Sister-in-Law), Kimmo Virtanen (Father-in-Law)
Formula One Teams
Kimi has raced for –
- Red Bull Sauber Petronas (2001)
- West McLaren Mercedes/Team McLaren Mercedes (2002-2006)
- Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro (2007-2009)
- Lotus F1 Team (2012-2013)
- Scuderia Ferrari (2014-2018)
- Alfa Romeo Racing (2019-Present)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kimi has dated –
- Hanna Raivisto (1999-2001)
- Jenni Dahlman (2001-2013) – Kimi began dating Finnish model and former Miss Scandinavia Jenni Dahlman in October 2001 and the couple got engaged in April 2002. Two years later, in July 2004, they got married and were together for almost another decade. They parted ways in February 2013 and were officially divorced in 2014.
- Valentina Gioia (2006) – Rumor
- Minna-Mari “Minttu” Virtanen (2013-Present) – After his separation with Jenni, Kimi began dating Finnish fitness model Minna-Mari Virtanen in July 2013. The couple got engaged in November 2014 and were married in a ceremony in Siena, Italy, in August 2016. They have 2 children together – a son named Robin Räikkönen (b. January 28, 2015) and a daughter named Rianna Angelia Milana Räikkönen (b. May 16, 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Finnish descent.
- Short-cropped hair
- Has a tattoo on both his arms
- Toned physique
- Clean-shaven look
Kimi Räikkönen Favorite Things
- Sports – F1 Racing, Snowboarding, Ice hockey, Motorcross
- Food – Chicken, Noodles
- Beverage – Apple Juice
- Rapper – Eminem
- Racing Track – Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium
Source – Sauber-Group.com
Kimi Räikkönen Facts
- He is the only driver to have won a race in each of the V10, the V8, and the hybrid V6 engine eras.
- A prodigious young talent, he had been selected as a regular driver in the premier Formula One tier in 2001, despite having the minor experience of just 23 car races.
- He became the Formula One World Drivers’ Champion in 2007, in his very first full season with the iconic Scuderia Ferrari team. It was one of the closest finishes of all-time in F1 as he pipped both Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso to the title by just 1 point. He also became just the 2nd driver in history to win the championship after being 3rd in the overall drivers’ standings before the start of the final race.
- In 2009, Forbes magazine ranked him as the 2nd-highest-paid athlete in the world.
- He equaled the great Michael Schumacher‘s 2004 season-record of 10 fastest laps in both 2005 and 2008.
Featured Image by Kimi Räikkönen / Instagram