|Kirk Acevedo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1971|
Kirk Acevedo is an American actor and voice actor, best known for the roles of Latino gang member Miguel Alvarez in the HBO TV series Oz between 1997 and 2013, as well as Hector Salazar in the series Law & Order: Trial by Jury in 2005 and 2006. The role of Miguel landed him a CableACE Award, as well as 4 ALMA Award nominations between 1998 and 2001, but it was in 1999 that he received the award for the supporting role of Pvt. Tella in the drama-war movie The Thin Red Line (1998) alongside John Cusack, Adrien Brody, and George Clooney.
Kirk later appeared in many well-known TV series such as The Black Donnellys (2007), Fringe (2008-2011), Prime Suspect (2011-2012), Person of Interest (2013), Kingdom (2017), and 12 Monkeys (2015-2018). The audience in 2017 remembered Kirk for his guest role of Ricardo Diaz in a CW series Arrow that he joined in the 6th season, and came back for a recurring role in 2018 and 2019. Kirk, alongside Shea Whigham, was a co-founder of The Rorschach Group, a well-known theater company. He also provided the voice of Jackie Estacado for The Darkness, a video game that was published in 2007.
Kirk M. Acevedo
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Kirk Acevedo was a drama major at the LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts in Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States.
After graduation, Kirk enrolled in Purchase College or SUNY Purchase School of Acting in Harrison, New York, United States, and earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in acting in the 1990s.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Siblings – Richard Acevedo (Brother)
Kirk Acevedo is represented by –
- Abrams Entertainment (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Cunningham Escott Slevin & Doherty (CESD) (Talent Agent Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Convention All Stars (Talent Agent Personal Appearance) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kirk Acevedo has dated –
- Kiersten Warren (2005-Present) – Kirk has not specified when he met the actress, but the pair got married on May 16, 2005. They have a daughter together, named Scarlett James Acevedo. Kirk also has a step-daughter named Misti Traya, from Kiersten’s previous relationship, who is an actress born on September 23, 1981.
Race / Ethnicity
Kirk Acevedo is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Athletic physique
- Short slicked-back haircut
- Deep raspy voice
- Defined facial features
He appeared in a 2007 TV commercial for White Castle, a well-known food products manufacturer, and has promoted the Red Cross organization, and the activity of giving blood regularly and thus saving lives.
Best Known For
- Starring as Joseph D. Toye in the TV mini-series Band of Brothers in 2001
- Playing the character named Ricardo Diaz in CW’s TV series Arrow (2017-2019)
- Starring in the role of José Ramse in series 12 Monkeys (2015-2018)
- Having notable roles of Pvt. Tella in The Thin Red Line (1998), Tommy in Invincible (2006), and Carver in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
Kirk Acevedo made his first theatrical film appearance as the Caller in a drama movie, Arresting Gena in 1997.
First TV Show
Kirk Acevedo made his first TV show appearance as Joey Claudio in the Tasha episode of the drama series, New York Undercover in 1994.
Kirk does a combination of typical gym workouts that consist of compound movements and high-rep sets, but also a lot of MMA, boxing, and exercises such as jumping ropes, jumping jacks, and different types of cardio. He is also a very good runner and has managed to finish the New York City Marathon in 3 hours flat.
He hasn’t shared a lot about his diet, but due to a large number of calories burned with those intense workouts, it definitely consists of a lot of complex carbohydrates from oatmeal, rice, and other energy-rich sources. He also has to consume a lot of protein from beef, chicken, or fish in order to prevent muscle loss.
Kirk Acevedo Favorite Things
- Sports – Boxing, MMA, Marathon, Basketball, Football
- Basketball Club – NY Knicks
- NFL Club – NY Giants, NY Yankees
- MMA Fighters – Jorge Masvidal, Juan Archuleta, Diaz Brothers
- Activity – Running, Hiking, Reading
- Book Genre – Sci-Fi, Dystopian
- Color Pattern – Camouflage
- Food – Chocolate
- Interest – Politics
- Animals – Dog, Wolf
- Quote – “Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
Source – Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter
Kirk Acevedo Facts
- He has a dog named Dutchie.
- He was motivated to join the series Oz in 1997 because he saw some of his close friends and colleagues at college land parts in the series with ease, and was motivated to try out himself.
- Kirk appeared in Kirk and Kerry, a short film directed by Azazel Jacobs that premiered in 1997 and won the jury prize at the Slamdance Film Festival the same year.
- When asked to rate his chances of survival in a real prison from 1 to 10, a question stemming from his numerous gang member and bad-boy roles, Kirk said his chances would be 1.
- He attended the same college as Wesley Snipes, SUNY Purchase Acting School, in the 1990s.
- Kirk played the character of Investigator Hector Salazer in 3 iterations of the well-known TV series – Law & Order (1990), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999) as well as Law & Order: Trial by Jury (2005).
- He was nominated for the Drama Desk Award in the category of “Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play” for the stage play Tooth of Crime (Second Dance) in 1997.
- Kirk’s character named Charlie Francis in Fringe (2008-2011) went through a lot of changes during the series. His character was a regular in the 1st season but was killed in the middle of the 2nd. Then, he came back in the 3rd season and was later finally written off the show.
- On November 23, 2013, Kirk guest starred on the well known American TV series The Walking Dead as Mitch Dolgen. His co-stars were Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, and others.
- Kirk had one of the lead roles as Ted Garza in the horror mystery movie Insidious: The Last Key (2018).
- Kirk often called himself a “political junkie”, and often criticized Donald Trump for his political decisions.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Kirk Acevedo / Instagram